Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ssc New Member

Getting a vertical line when scanning multiple pages on workcentre 3220

When using multiple pages from the top loader and scanning to email in pdf format we get a veritcal line on all pages. when putting an original on the glass and scanning to email the line is not there.

Agency Analyst

Re: Getting a vertical line when scanning multiple pages on workcentre 3220

I am unsure what model you are using but by your description I would say your scanner glass is dirty. I am assuming your scan looks like it has a straight thin line going from the top to bottom or from side to side. There is a small strip of glass that the scan head moves into and the orignal runs past. What you want to do is use a piece of crumbled up paper, newspaper, or spray a cleaner on a rag and wipe that small strip down.

Also, if you can your original you can lay it on the glass and with the line you can see where on that small glass may be an object (pen, whiteout, ect) that is causing your line.

Hope that helps!

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!

Hi i'm having the same problem as above, i've done the cleaning but still have the lines when scanning fron the dadf(workcentre 7435) Can the CVT glass be removed as i think the dirt might be on the underside of the glass...... is this possible that it might be on the underside?

[ Edited ]

I was getting 2 lines and cleaned thoroughly.  I am still getting one line.  Can anyone help?

thanks

Using a 3220/3210 model

Clean the small glass on the left side.

Use windex or other stuff to clean the small glass, dry it with a tin cloth after, do not let the stuff dry on the glass