Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phaser 3635MFP wireless printing.

I bought this computer used, but the spec sheet says that there is an option that allows printing over wi-fi but I haven't been able to figure out how to make it happen. Does it need to wired to a router or PC? 

Thanks

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Phaser 3635MFP wireless printing.

Wireless was a paid addon, you probably just don't have it.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Thank you for your reply, Joe. You are, of course, correct that I don't have the wireless option. I guess the question I was asking is whether the wifi option was one that had to be exercised at the time of original purchase of whether there was a way of configuring the printer now for wireless. Thanks.

Analyst Nation Moderator

It was possible until 05/15 to purchase the adapter from Xerox, it no longer is.

This was it.

It was replaced by this WPSA-100, but that doesn't list the 3635 as compatible, and cost wise for either, a cable is easier,cheaper, and the better option reliability wise.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Thanks again, Joe. There seems to be plenty still available on ebay but, as you say, may or may not justify the cost.

Take care. 

Apparently there is no Tools options on my machine. I am guessing that it doesn't function as a standalone. 

Analyst Nation Moderator

Tools is only available if you log in as admin. (1111)

Joe.

I tried that too, but when I pressed login on the screen, it asked me for a password but no option to enter a userid. Perhads I can get the login from the former owner.

Analyst Nation Moderator

You typically only need to use 1111 and nothing else to login when prompted

Joe.

Tried that but I guess I should connect it to my PC and set it up that way. Thanks.