07-18-2016 11:25 AM - edited 07-18-2016 11:32 AM
I probably found a bug in workflow scanning feature, I recreated the issue and I have got some screenshot taken from remote control panel.
Scanario: Xerox accounting must be enabled. User enters his code and then, while he is logged in, he access to workflow scan page and select a template.
Issue: It does not matter if he scan or not,when timeout occurs, after logout, the workflow scanning template list will be empty. Only 1 template is available (default), accessing to its details you see that it contains the previously selected template informations.
In order to re-create the issue:
1) You have home page
2) Click on print button, that requires Xerox Accounting, and login
3) Click on workflow scanning, you will see all available templates.
4) You select a template (ie. the first one)
5) Let's check the last datetime in which the template list has been updated: 4:36PM
6) Now, you can scan or not. Let's wait that timeout occurs.
7) Now we return to workflow scanning... all templates disappeared. This screen also does not have browse button.
8) Let's check the details of default template, we see that it contains the previously selected template data.
9) Finally let's check the the last datetime in which the template list has been updated: it should be 4:36PM becase we didn't refresh the template list, but it is now 4:38PM. So, at logout, the template list has been updated, but it is empty.
The only way to get the complete list of templates is to manually update, or a simple reboot.
Please note: my firmware verison is 073.040.075.34540. Note also that I set default template to be not visible.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-18-2016 01:08 PM
Assuming this is the issue I think it is, it will be fixed simply by updating the firmware to the latest from this link.
07-19-2016 12:27 PM
There is literally no difference in the i model. It is just marketing to show it came with an 073 release firmware.
NFC was added to the devices, but it was an add-on to the non- i devices in the 072 firmwares, it just was not really sold.
07-21-2016 06:09 AM
07-21-2016 12:10 PM
There are links for the firmware as well as the java tool, I just don't supply them unless specifically asked.
But, you can simply open the Jar file with Winzip/WinRAR/7zip etc and pull out the firmware file if you want it. The Jar file is a container that has at minimum one firmware level, but usually a few patches and 2 firmware levels so it can upgrade from an 072, release to an 072, to an 073 without breaking anything.
08-02-2016 06:36 PM - edited 08-02-2016 06:38 PM
Joe - can that same firmware be used for the 7835 & 7845? There was a difference with the firmwares for slower vs faster models in the not so distant past.
08-02-2016 07:52 PM
7830/7835 has a different version
08-03-2016 12:07 PM
We just switch to a 7970i and 5955i on firmware 5.34540 and the scan templates just disppear but we don't use xerox accounting though.
Haven't really found a pattern to reproduce it.
Any try a firmware upgrade for those units to see if it would fix it? I see there's a 6.15410 for it too.
08-04-2016 01:54 PM