06-12-2015 02:30 PM
For all those who are completely frustrated on how to setup the "Scan to Email" feature for your Xerox 6027 ... I found a solution!!
After spending countless hours and Xerox support phone calls to unsucessfully get gmail or yahoo as my SMPT server, I found a method that works:
(1) Set up a free account with SMTP2GO SMTP2GO - Worldwide SMTP Service, you will need a working email address to verify your SMTP2GO account. I had to use SMTP2GO because Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail wouldn't work for me. SPTP2GO is free for 20 uses per day, they also have reasonable pricing for more heavier volume users.
(2) Verify your SMTP2GO account and then login to SMTP2GO and take note of your SMTP Server and Port No given by your SMTP2GO account. For example, your SMTP2GO Login Email is "firstname.lastname@example.org" and password is "test123". SMTP Server is "smtpcorp.com" and SMTP Port is "2525".
(3) Then on SMTP2GO page, go to: Settings > More> Address Authentication and input the email address you want to send email from without authentication, say "email@example.com".
(4) Go to your Xerox Centreware page: Properties>Protocols>Email Server and enter the settings as below
(5) Machine's email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
(6) SMTP Server Address :220.127.116.11 (according to the SMTP2GO site : Some devices (fax machines etc.) may benefit from using the IP address of your SMTP server instead of its name (i.e. 18.104.22.168 if your SMTP server is smtpcorp.com, or 22.214.171.124 if your SMTP server is smtp2go.com), in my case, the IP address worked and not the name)
(7) SMTP Port No: 2525
(8) Email Send Authentication : *SMTP AUTH (Login)
(9) Login Name : email@example.com (this is your SMTP2GO User Email Login)
(10) Password : test123 (this is your SMTP2GO User Password)
(11) Re-enter Password : test 123
(12) Leave POP3 Server Address BLANK
(13) POP3 Server Port No: 995
(14) Leave POP3 Login Name BLANK
(15) Enter POP3 Password : test123 (this is your SMTP2GO User Password)
(16) Re-enter POP3 Password : test123
(17) Click APPLY
I hope this works for you as well as it did for me ... So happy I was able to find a solution!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-12-2015 04:48 PM
I am sorry you were frustrated by setting up the email. I appreciate you coming here and posting this solution. I am sure it will help other users.
10-24-2015 05:33 PM
11-01-2016 03:03 PM
Also... Just so no one else wastes half their freakingh day trying to get scan to e-mail working on a Workcentre 5335...
To configure it throuhgh the web interface YOU HAVE TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER!
If you use Chrome the SMTP AUTHENTICATION check-box will revert to NONE the second you click apply.
11-01-2016 03:38 PM
IE, Firefox and Safari all work, just Chrome does that. No idea why.
It also only applies to Mac/Windows. Works fine in Chrome from my phones/tablets.
07-09-2017 05:38 PM
I just bought a Xerox 6027 today and am also having trouble setting up the scan to email function.
I get an SMTP error.
I am trying to follow the instructions in your detailed post, but the first problem is that SMTP has changed their options under settings.
Settings > More> Address Authentication
is no longer an option, because there is no "More" anymore.
Secondly, where did you get a:
Xerox Centreware page
I installed the driver using the disk that came with the copier. But I do not know how to open a Centreware page.
Strangely enough, my computer is connected to the Xerox using an ethernet cord (over a network). I can print Word docs. But it won't let me scan to the Network. I'd be content just being able to scan to my desktop for now, but can't figure out how :(
Any help that anyone can render would be greatly appreciated.
07-10-2017 10:40 AM
Xerox Centreware page
It's a webpage built into the printer itself, if you know the IP address it uses, you put it in the address bar of a web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox) and it will load the page.
From that page, you can program the printer to do scan ( to email or to PC)
But you cannot just scan to a desktop PC, you need to install and configure FTP, or create an SMB share.
I have no idea on the SMTP2Go thing though, I have never used them.
07-10-2017 01:28 PM
Thank you Joe.
We are getting there but are not quite there yet.
I figured out that by looking at the ip address on the Xerox, and typing that address into Google Chrome browser (instead of a web address address) that the:
Xerox WorkCentre 6027 - Centreware Internet Services
page comes up, which then allows one to modify settings.
So from here, how do I adjust the settings to be able to either scan to email or scan to the only computer attached to the network?
Currently when I try scanning to network option, it says I need to set up an address book. But I did already set up the address book (for scan's).