Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Solution to Xerox 6027 Scan to Email SMTP Setup

For all those who are completely frustrated on how to setup the "Scan to Email" feature for your Xerox 6027 ... I found a solution!!

After spending countless hours and Xerox support phone calls to unsucessfully get gmail or yahoo as my SMPT server, I found a method that works:

(1) Set up a free account with SMTP2GO SMTP2GO - Worldwide SMTP Service, you will need a working email address to verify your SMTP2GO account. I had to use SMTP2GO because Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail wouldn't work for me. SPTP2GO is free for 20 uses per day, they also have reasonable pricing for more heavier volume users. 
(2) Verify your SMTP2GO account and then login to SMTP2GO and take note of your SMTP Server and Port No given by your SMTP2GO account. For example, your SMTP2GO Login Email is "test@gmail.com" and password is "test123". SMTP Server is "smtpcorp.com" and SMTP Port is "2525".
(3) Then on SMTP2GO page, go to: Settings > More> Address Authentication and input the email address you want to send email from without authentication, say "test@mail.com".
(4) Go to your Xerox Centreware page: Properties>Protocols>Email Server and enter the settings as below
(5) Machine's email address : test@mail.com
(6) SMTP Server Address :207.58.147.66 (according to the SMTP2GO site : Some devices (fax machines etc.) may benefit from using the IP address of your SMTP server instead of its name (i.e. 207.58.147.66 if your SMTP server is smtpcorp.com, or 207.58.142.213 if your SMTP server is smtp2go.com), in my case, the IP address worked and not the name)
(7) SMTP Port No: 2525 
(8) Email Send Authentication : *SMTP AUTH (Login)
(9) Login Name : test@gmail.com (this is your SMTP2GO User Email Login)
(10) Password : test123 (this is your SMTP2GO User Password)
(11) Re-enter Password : test 123
(12) Leave POP3 Server Address BLANK
(13) POP3 Server Port No: 995 
(14) Leave POP3 Login Name BLANK
(15) Enter POP3 Password : test123 (this is your SMTP2GO User Password)
(16) Re-enter POP3 Password : test123
(17) Click APPLY

I hope this works for you as well as it did for me ... So happy I was able to find a solution!! 

Community Manager

Re: Solution to Xerox 6027 Scan to Email SMTP Setup

Hi bsgeorge,

I am sorry you were frustrated by setting up the email.  I appreciate you coming here and posting this solution.  I am sure it will help other users. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Yes you are right. After spending countless hours the above mentioned setting of yours also works for me. Thanks much for the post

There is a better way to go, without having to use SMTP2GO. I just spent the time on it myself as I was receiving POP errors with these instructions. See this post (http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Copying-Faxing-Scanning/100-working-and-easy-solution-to-Xerox-602... for gmail settings. In addition, you will need to update your Google account settings as follows:

Log in to Google, go to your account, go to "connected apps and sites" and on the right side, scroll until you see "allow less secure apps" and turn it on.

Once I did that, email finally worked!

Also... Just so no one else wastes half their freakingh day trying to get scan to e-mail working on a Workcentre 5335...

To configure it throuhgh the web interface YOU HAVE TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER!

If you use Chrome the SMTP AUTHENTICATION check-box will revert to NONE the second you click apply.

Analyst Nation Moderator

IE, Firefox and Safari all work, just Chrome does that. No idea why.

It also only applies to Mac/Windows. Works fine in Chrome from my phones/tablets.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Thank you very much! it works!

I just bought a Xerox 6027 today and am also having trouble setting up the scan to email function.

I get an SMTP error.

I am trying to follow the instructions in your detailed post, but the first problem is that SMTP has changed their options under settings.  

Settings > More> Address Authentication

is no longer an option, because there is no "More" anymore.

Secondly, where did you get a:

Xerox Centreware page

from?

I installed the driver using the disk that came with the copier.  But I do not know how to open a Centreware page.

Strangely enough, my computer is connected to the Xerox using an ethernet cord (over a network).  I can print Word docs.  But it won't let me scan to the Network.  I'd be content just being able to scan to my desktop for now, but can't figure out how :(

Any help that anyone can render would be greatly appreciated.

Analyst Nation Moderator

Xerox Centreware page

It's a webpage built into the printer itself, if you know the IP address it uses, you put it in the address bar of a web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox) and it will load the page.

From that page, you can program the printer to do scan ( to email or to PC)

But you cannot just scan to a desktop PC, you need to install and configure FTP, or create an SMB share.

I have no idea on the SMTP2Go thing though, I have never used them.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Thank you Joe.

We are getting there but are not quite there yet.

I figured out that by looking at the ip address on the Xerox, and typing that address into Google Chrome browser (instead of a web address address) that the:

Xerox WorkCentre 6027 - Centreware Internet Services

page comes up, which then allows one to modify settings.

So from here, how do I adjust the settings to be able to either scan to email or scan to the only computer attached to the network?

Thanks,

Currently when I try scanning to network option, it says I need to set up an address book.  But I did already set up the address book (for scan's).