Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WC 6505 - SMB Login Error - Error 031-522

Hello, and many thanks for your rapid replay!

The account "Metalltryckning" has a password when I log in into Windows-10, it consists of four numbers, is that what you mean? Can that password automatically has been put in the "password-line" with four dots in the CenterWare, in my screen shot? You wrote in your first answer to me "The password is the password for the user obtained in screenshot 1". Where do I see the password in your exampel screenshot 1? (Of my two users, "Fabriken" is the administrator, and "Metalltryckning" is a user.)

Apart form this I presume my settings in my screen shot seem ok, as you did not comment on it?

As the Xerox manual doesn´t tell anything about the "password line" in the settings for "scan to folder" in CenterWare, The password has confused me from the beginning. Hopefully I will get it to work now with your help.

Regards,

/Mikael

Analyst Nation Moderator

Are you certain the account has a 4 digit password? That seems too short, and implies it is a PIN not a password.

If you can't get it to work, you may need to switch to FTP

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

How and where do I create this password you mean, if it not is the pin/password I use to login to the user account when I start Windows-10? And the other user I have created "Fabriken" that also is Administrator, has a longer password/pin (8 digits) to log in into that account i Windows-10. But still it just shows 4 dots in the "password line" in the Xerox CenterWare in the scan to folder set-up menu as I sent to you before. And these four dots have been put in by the system in the CenterWare, not by me, and has been there since the first time I opened that menu in the CenterWare. And they seem not possible to change as they always comes back if I tries to change them?

Isn´t there an instruction about this "password thing" you can send me, as it not is described in the Xerox-manual for setting up network scan?

Analyst Nation Moderator

Sorry, I'm not going into how to setup user accounts in Windows.

I absolutely can't understand why you think Xerox has anything to do with it.

You do a scan and get a login failure, it isn't exactly cryptic. If you want to prove Xerox is the problem and not the workflow, have someone do a Wireshark trace of a failed scan. Submit it to Xerox 2nd level or have your own network person look into it.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.