Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[WorkCentre 7845] Scan to a user's network folder

Hi there, 

I'm trying to setup the Xerox 7845, so it can scan a file to a user's AD folder. I was able to setup scan folders in local drive of several machines, ex: C:\scan by entering the machine's IP address and then the folder name in the Share textbox in the Template:

template.JPG

However, some users don't want to store their files on the local drive but in their personal folder in Active Directory, so a typical path should be like: \\192.168.10.5\homes$\john.smith\scan. (192.168.10.5 is our server, also called "winserver").

How should I configure the new template ? what should I put in the Share and Document Path ?

Thanks, 

Community Manager

Re: [WorkCentre 7845] Scan to a user's network folder

Hi hadrianmt,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this solution for changing the destination and see if this helps.  Also take a look at the adding templates solutions.  If these do not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Valued Contributor

Hi,

You need to add the folder name and not the path.

Can you provide more details about what information is needed? For example if the path we want to have scan to home folder is:

\\servername\home\username\

then what would the settings be?

I finally got the settings.

ex: \\servername\home\username\

Share = home
Document Path = \username
These are both case sensitive

Login Name needs domain\userID

Hello,

I would like to do the same thing but for Fax and not Scan

1. I would like to receive all fax in one shared folder

2. I would like that users can use the printer to send fax from theyr computer, no need to go to the printer in order to send a fax.

My Xerox is 7830 Workcenter.

Kind regards.

Hello I have also issue with my Xerox 7225i.

I want to scan with SMB i check parameters but any time i want to scan i get a error message. "Login Failure. Check user password and/or setup. I check the documentation you sent " http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7220-7225/support/enus.html?objGUID=15382 " i'm usibng a rooter and The printer Have static IP adress.

I want to know what wich user name and  password i have to write ?

I try user name and password of my computer but nothing.

Please need you help.

Thank you

Analyst Nation Moderator

Put folder on root of C:\ drive, right-click and choose Properties

Select Sharing > Share and add the user account the printer will be using and change the dropdown for that account to Read/Write

1.gif

Click Share > Done <If you want scans to go to the desktop, right-click the folder and select Send to > Desktop (Create shortcut) >

Now select Advanced Sharing > Permissions > Add and add the same account as above,< highlight the user and take note of the username format within the brackets, that is exactly how the login name will be entered in the printers scan setup>,then check the box for Full Control > Apply > OK > OK > Close

2.gif

Then, to set up a template on the printer go to CWIS > Scan > Create New Template and fill it in

3.gif

Things to note:

If the username in use does not have a password, I highly suggest making an account that does on the PC, Windows is fine when you don't have a password, but it is not typically fine when you are running a modified Linux (The printer) and accessing the Windows PC across a LAN connection as opposed to physically.

If you don't know your PC's IP address, click on the start menu and type cmd and hit enter

In the new window type ipconfig and hit the enter key.

you need the ipv4 address in amongst all the shown data.

4.gif

If you are on the latest firmware, and still failing, it is likely that it can't in fact scan to Windows 10 as it very likely cannot do SMBv3. If that is the case, after all above is completed, you would need to change Windows 10 to work with SMBv1

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Hello, I have a WorkCentre 7835 in our office, and I'm currently trying to get a similar setup as described on the original post. I want the users to be able to scan to their personal folder /server/share/username with the difference that I want the user to type in their domain password to complete the scan. I don't want to store the domain password on the device for security reasons. I tried leaving the password field blank and I get "Access Denied" when I try to scan. Thank you for your help.

Analyst Nation Moderator

Then set it to Prompt at user interface instead of System

You have to do the username and password though, no way to just do the password.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.