Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

wc3220 mac maverick (10.9) scanning setup

Hi

I have just bought the workcentre 3220 mfp for home and I have a mac with 10.9. I cannot install the twain driver for some reason. After I clicked the "restart" button in the running "Xerox WorkCentre 3220/MAC_Twain/ScanThru Installer.app"(version 3.3), I cannot add a scanner in "System Preferences/Printers & Scanners/+".  This is when the printer is connected via USB, I have no problem add the printer for printing, just not for scanner. I understand this mfp cannot fo network scanning and scan to email on Mac, but it cannot scan via twain? I was able to add my old Canon MFP as scanner though and it was working fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tony

Community Manager

Re: wc3220 mac maverick (10.9) scanning setup

Hi tseung,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for scanning using TWAIN from the support pages for your machine.  If this solution does not help Please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

this is a horrible response from xerox.

i have the exact same machine and same problem as described. i have tried every single possibility and stupid enough, image capture will NOT recognize the scanner.  if you use acrobat pro or other software it will... but why buy/pay if you should be able to use image capture.  a real let down, people from xerox!

I am happen to be in violent agreement with dr3w here. The response from xerox here is basically "don't care" if the software is not working. I think it is really sad.
Valued Advisor

Hey you two!

Nice complaining, do you see any drivers for 10.9? Could it be why it does not work? Probably, YES.

You just have to wait for new drivers like everyone else.

Best Regards

Kimzi

Kimzi, sorry, but this is a LAME response.

Why others have drivers and we dont? BECAUSE nobody took the time to write them, prior to the release, or by now... 

How long should we wait? until 10.10 is released and we run into the ground again.

This is really horrible customer service, and it can't be denied.

To have no "native" solution working and to have a "third party" solution working.. it just makes no sense for me.

Valued Advisor

Hi, dr3W!

Firstly :I do NOT work for Xerox, I do NOT have to be nice to people who don't deserve it.

Secondly: It's the same every time Apple comes out with a new version for MAC, you'll just have to wait.

Updating your OS without checking for driver support is wrong on so many levels.

Best Regards

Kimzi

Valued Member

Hey,

As far as I can see there are no driver available yet for Mac Maverick for this machine. Did you try 10.8?

Cheers

Hello, Mimzi,

I just saw your response.

I do apologize if you feel offended.  it was not the intention towards you.

I do stand by what I said thought, that it sucks to have a third party solution working, but not a native one.

Have a good day,

correction: Kimzi. sorry for mispelling