Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Valued Member

Can FreeFlowCore create (or recreate) a bleed box?

Maybe the coffee hasn't yet kicked in, but I cannot figure this out.  I would like to use FreeFlowCore to create (or recreate) the bleed box relative to the size of the trim box. For example, make the bleed box 1/8" larger than trim.  How can I accomplish that?

FreeFlow User

Re: Can FreeFlowCore create (or recreate) a bleed box?

[ Edited ]

Try with this: http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/FreeFlow-Core/Adding-bleed-to-document/m-p/193610#M1464 or may be this: http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/FreeFlow-Core/Adding-bleed-to-documents-by-mirroring-content/m-p/1...

--
Best regards,
Piotr Miller
Production Systems Solution Consultant | SPPC
Xerox Corporation
Warsaw, Poland
Valued Member

I saw those documents, and tried incorporating the suggestion from "Adding Bleed to Document" but did not get the desired result which prompted me to post the question.

I tried using the optimize component to create the Bleed Box by checking "Add Bleed by Scaling Document", and setting the distance to 0.125 in.  I also checked "Remove Objects Completely Outside of Bleed Box".  This will not create a bleed box if it does not already exist in the document.  

FreeFlow User

That's right! You need to have one of the boxes (bleed, trim, art, media) at least to create or recreate others. 

PS

Could you attach sample files and a workflow so that I can look at it?

--
Best regards,
Piotr Miller
Production Systems Solution Consultant | SPPC
Xerox Corporation
Warsaw, Poland
Valued Member

I do not have authority to attach. It is simply the Optimize component with the options I indicated above.  I will send you sample files via PM as the content is proprietary.  Both files have a trim box, but the workflow only works if a bleed box is also defined.