Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Can I turn off the inner crop mark of an imposition?

I am trying to impose 148mm x 105mm (A6) on to a press sheet size of 450mm x 320mm (SRA3). The PDF I am trying to impose is 154mm x 111mm because it has 3mm bleed on all edges.

Is there are way to impose this 8up by only utilising 2mm bleed instead of the available 3mm and omitting the inner cropmarks?

I can do this in InDesign (see attached image) but would realy like to automate this as much as possile using FFC.

Otto A6 8up_Page_1.jpg

FreeFlow Production Workflow Moderator

Re: Can I turn off the inner crop mark of an imposition?

Setting the Layout cluster option to ON should give you the outcome you are looking for (see below) . I made a document with the dimensions of 154 X 111 mm. I set the trim box at 148 X 105 mm and I set the crop box at 109 X 152. I imposed using the crop box and had the trim marks set by the trim box (see result below). I used the FFCore default settings for the trim marks.

cluster.png

Results.png

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried what you have suggested but the WF keeps 'completing with errors'. Please take a look at the atatched images and hopefully you will identify where I am going wrong. I am not sure if I have set the parameters correctly under where it says 'Sheet 1 of 50' beneath the imposition preview.

Also, my PDF document is A6 landscape, does this have a bearing on the way I need to do this?

Many thanks

Mike

001_Capture HD 6 Press Sheet.PNG002_Capture HD 6 Layout.PNG003_Capture HD 6 Gutter.PNG004_Capture HD 6 Cut Marks.PNG

FreeFlow Production Workflow Moderator

Landscape orientation or the preview setup should have no impact.

FFCore 5.1.0.1 addresses imposition problems which resulted in the error message you are seeing. If FFCore 5.1.0.1 does not address the problem, submit a SPAR. I have run your imposition setup with no error messages and the output I expected on FFCore 5.1.0.1.

Hi David,

I will have my network administtrator update FFC tomorrow. Incidently, when I set my rows to 1 instead 2, the WF works without the message 'completed with warnings', of course it is only 4up but progress nonetheless.

I hope the version update does the trick. I will post back when I have tried it.

Highlighted
Frequent Member

try to optimize - auto correct page geometry

Thanks for the tip, but my page geometry is already set correctly which I know as fact. I just had my network administrator update FFC to the latest version and the imposition works as expected now.