Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

JMF Status Query works for all jobs but not for specific job

Another little JMF issue this afternoon 

I'm trying to query submitted jobs via JMF to get their status. This works perfectly when using either a Query of type QueueStatus (with or without filters) and when using a Query of type Status but without specifying a QueueEntryID in the StatusQuParams node (thereby getting all jobs in one go).

When I submit a Query type="Status" and specify one QueueEntryID, Freeflow Core returns an XML parser error. To be clear, the JMF message is EXACTLY the same in both messages other than the QueueEntryID attribute being set in StatusQuParams. What's that about?

Again, any help would be much appreciated. The JMF message I'm sending which is failing is identical to the example in the SDK, except obviously the ID was changed to one that exists in my queue. 

Cheers

Joe

Re: JMF Status Query works for all jobs but not for specific job

[ Edited ]

A quick update on this: It looks lilke to query a single job, you can send a QueueStatus query (not a Status query as in the Freeflow SDK examples) and include a QueueEntryDef element as a child of the QueueFilter element, with a QueueEntryID attribute set to the job you are trying to query.

My new problem is that the job I'm looking for is not in the list returned either from this individual query or from an unfiltered one which should return all jobs. I have several jobs in my Completed Jobs list which I'm unable to retreive status information for via JMF. There's nothing in my logs to indicate an issue...

Any ideas?

Joe

Re: JMF Status Query works for all jobs but not for specific job

Final update I think... In my testing the other day I was sending quite large jobs (300-600 pdfs per JDF file), and about ten at a time. I think I just overloaded Core and it panicked causing my jobs to fall off the face of the earth even though they had in fact processed correctly (or in some cases failed but I still couldn't get the status via JMF)...

In any case the problem is not with how the query is formed now that I've changed the JMF provided in the SDK examples, it's with how much I'm asking Core to handle at one time. I've modified my application to send all JDF files in batches with no more that 100 FileSpec elements in each and to space out the submissions a bit, and I'm getting the job statuses returned just as I'd expect.

If anyone wants to know the JMF format I'm sending to Core to work around the first issue just send me a message.

Joe