Thank you for using the Support Forum. Metered supplies is automatically enabled on the printer. Make sure you have your metered toner installed in the machine. If you are having issues, contact Support to place a service call. Once the machine moves past the activation error you should be able to connect. Follow these steps to connect the USB:
1. Ensure that the printer is turned off.
2. Connect the B end of a standard A/B USB 2.0 cable to the USB Port on the back of the printer.
3. Attach the power cord and then plug in the printer and turn it on.
4. Connect the A end of the USB cable to the USB Port on the computer.
5. When the Windows Found New Hardware Wizard appears, cancel it.
6. You are ready to install the print drivers.
If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.
Thanks, CherylO-Xerox Community Manager
Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you. Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!