Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Technical Escalation User

Re: Printer Fan Running Constantly

My 8560MFP also has the fan running on high speed during sleep mode. I have tracked it down to 1 pc on my network. When this pc is off the 8560mfp stays in sleep mode with no fan activity. Once this pc boots up the 8560mfp stays asleep but the fan turns on! Has anybody found what SW is polling, pinging, or activating the electronics module to do this???

Michael

Analyst Nation Moderator

Try disabling SNMP on the Win7 drivers port to the printer

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Technical Escalation User

Found the solution!!

It was a DivX DVD burning software. It also would not let my PC go into sleep mode (using the powercfg -lastwake command) once I uninstalled the DivX software my pc will stay asleep and when I wake it up the 8560MFP fan stays off!! I know it sound like there is NO corolation between the two but I have been running it like this now for over a week. so much for free SW off the internet!

Michael

YEAH !!!

I have this problem too; however, I don't have the DivX DVD software and SNMP is not enabled on the printer port.  So, those two things are not the issues.  Any other suggestions?  I have Windows 10 with Phaser 8560MFP on a local network with two pc's.  Could it be the Supplies Assistant software that monitors ink usage for re-ordering?

Analyst Nation Moderator

Disable the application in Windows, or uninstall it to find out. We don't know what you have installed and can't guess. If you unplug your PC from the LAN and the printer fan slows/stops, then your PC is the cause, but what on it could be the cause is impossible for someone to diagnose without having access to the PC in question.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.