Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Workcentre 6515 DNI Firmware and Screen

Couple of questions for a brand new Workcentre 6515 DNI. First off, I am trying to update the firmware to the latest. After the firmware is sent, two hours later, the update still does not seem to be completed. Is that normal?

Second, the screen it totally unresponsive on the bottom left side (makes the on screen keyboard useless) and parts of the top left as well. Is that something that can be calibrated, or did I just receive a lemon?

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Workcentre 6515 DNI Firmware and Screen

Couple of questions for a brand new Workcentre 6515 DNI. First off, I am trying to update the firmware to the latest. After the firmware is sent, two hours later, the update still does not seem to be completed. Is that normal?

Not at all normal, What version are you attempting here?

65.21.51 is the latest version

Second, the screen it totally unresponsive on the bottom left side (makes the on screen keyboard useless) and parts of the top left as well. Is that something that can be calibrated, or did I just receive a lemon?

If it is a brand new machine I would return it immediately as defective.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Re: Workcentre 6515 DNI Firmware and Screen

I was able to run the formware installer on a Mac OS X 10.12.6 machine. The Mac OS X 10.13.3 machine simply sent the printer in an infinite loop for over 9 hours without any success in updating.

As for the Screen, I put in a service call, we will see what happens. Kind of disappointing on a new machine though.