Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

workstation 7220 fan running in sleep mode

[ Edited ]

I bought new workstation and fan running in Sleep mode a when I turn off one of my PCs, it stops. Can you help me?Screenshot 2017-02-08 08.29.57.png

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: workstation 7220 fan running in sleep mode

Uncheck the 2 boxes below, if your PC is spamming the printer with SNMP requests, it may never get all the way to sleep, and even if it does, there is no reason the fan should not run at times, but if your PC is the cause, you need to figure out the source on it. Maybe just disable SNMP on the driver and check the boxes again if diabling them does stop the fans.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

I unchecked those boxes, but wasnt worked and I disabled SNMP, but It worked weird. Sometimes fan ran sometimes stoped. How can I find what aplication or process is doing it?

Analyst Nation Moderator

Free and difficult(ish)

Run a Wireshark trace while the machine is in sleep mode and find the originating issue.

If you have a contract with Xerox

Report it to 2nd level and get the Network log collected from the Device and Engineering may be able to find the issue for you

Free and can't really hurt to try

Update the firmware

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Analyst Nation Moderator

And check this totally unexplained "That can't be the cause but it apparently was" post.

Probably not your issue, but it was his.

Joe.

Ok I tried update driver, but no change. And I ran that Wireshark, and I think I find somethink. My printer has IP adresse 192.168.11.27 and one od those packets Elitegro still asking who has that adresse, but I dont know how I can stop it.

Bez názvu2.png

Analyst Nation Moderator

Try disabling uPNP on your computer and see if it stops the issue (This is a guess, but not an outlandish one)

Joe.

We received a Xerox 7220 today as a replacement for the aging 7132. And the fan just keeps spinning even though the printer has nothing to do!

The technician who set the printer up suggested disabling SNMP which I did for ALL connected PCs - but it did not really help. As soon as the printer is connected to the network the fan starts almost immediately and stays on most of the time. Which is especially annoying because the fan is - even though it is not damaged - really loud.

The engineer who came up with the crazy idea to use a high RPM 40x40mm fan to cool this little chip even though there is lots and lots of space available where a proper slow moving large fan could have been fitted should be drawn and quartered.