Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Machine not recognizing right toner cartridge number - Xerox Phaser 3260

Hello,

My Machine is not recognizing the right toner cartridge number - Xerox Phaser 3260

It only shows a other number then withc is inserted in the printer.

The one now is insterted is the 106R02777 and it shows that the 106R02775 is inserted.

Xerox toners nummer niet herkend.PNG

How could this be?

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Machine not recognizing right toner cartridge number - Xerox Phaser 3260

It isn't seeing the wrong number at all, it is asking to have the 106R02775 put in because that is the standard part number.

Your 106R02777 is also acceptable to use (It is the high capacity of the same toner)

It appears your issue here is that the toner is not put in properly or is a defective unit or the printer sensor is broken.

So make sure all the little plastic covers and such were removed before installation, give it a few shakes and if that fails return it as defective.

Don't shake too hard

toner spill.GIF

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

@Joe053204-xrx, There are no plastic sticker left on the toners and we have it with all the printers not just one. And even not just one tone but al lthe toners.

Analyst Nation Moderator

And even not just one tone but al lthe toners.

Since it is a BW printer, I will assume multiple printers, and in that case I would have to assume you bought metered vs sold toners, which should not have happened unless you sourced the toner from a website and the printer from Xerox or some other combination. In any case, you will need to return them.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.