Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Subnet mask has changed on its own, seen this on multiple colorqubes

Hi everyone, I apologize if this is not in the right catagory. I have several colorqubes 8570 and on some of them trying to fix issues for certain users that cannot print I have noticed when the configuration page prints with all of the printers setup information the subnet mask is different, like it has somehow changed itself or reset. The IP address however does not reset it will stay the same. Has anyone else ever experienced this with a colorqube?

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Subnet mask has changed on its own, seen this on multiple colorqubes

I've certainly not ever seen that on this or any other printer, but unless it changed to something beyond 255.255.255.0 it would almost certainly not even be noticed since it would affect nothing except a very small subset of users. The first 3 octets hardly ever change on a LAN.

The subnet also should not apply to print jobs since that relies on the sender to find the printer, not the printer to find the sender, Subnet of the Phaser should really only apply to scan jobs.

I would check the printer on the users PC and make sure that SNMP and LPR byte counting are both disabled on the port.

Capture.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.