Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WorkCentre 7220 NOT booting up

I have a problem with WorkCentre 7220 that does not want to boot up. When I turn the machine ON, the LCD screen says that the machine is booting up, but after about 10s it goes blank. The ? LED blinks and the machine stays in this status.

The 7-segment display shows error 6 (which indicates HDD issues, but HDD seems to be OK), LED's CR3004 and CR3005 are ON (RED), which indicates issues with U3011 (Winbond 25q80bva1g EEPROM).

I tried replacing the HDD and re-flashing the system with AltBoot process, but the software upgrade process did not start. There was no difference in the boot process when the USB for AltBoot process was inserted and the machine rebooted.

The system board looks OK, all voltages are looking good. So I think that it's a minor thing, perhaps so minor as failing U3011. Does anyone have any suggestion what else to try? Is it possible to get a new pre-programmed U3011?

A new system board is too expensive, so if I don't solve the problem, the printer will go to scrap. Which is a shame for a printer that is just over two years old ...

Occasional Advisor

Re: WorkCentre 7220 NOT booting up

You need a Xerox tech to look at it. A pws alt boot might fix it.

I tried replacing the HDD and re-flashing the system with AltBoot process, but the software upgrade process did not start.

The Xerox tech came and said that replacing the system board is the only way to go. But like I said - system board is expensive and replacing it is not feasible any more on a 2 year + machine. And since I have good electronic background, I still think that a system board repair is possible. I just need someone to guide me to the point of failure ...

Occasional Advisor

As I stated in my previous post a pws load might fix it. It is a different way of loading software. It does't use the usb port.

Thank you very much for the hint. ;)

But from what I can see, PWS load requires special Xerox software, which is not freely available.

If anyone has any information where to get the software that is required to do PWS load, please share.

Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator

As fiery stated, you need a Xerox tech to service it.

Even if someone could get the PWS software, there is no way they could provide it to you here, it is not public software.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Did you ever get that problem with the Xerox 7220/7225 fixed? I have the same problem with my machine. It powers up showing the initial warning screen (the one about not powering down while it's in boot) and then suddenly the panel screen goes blank and the only thing that happens is the "help" button flashes. It never recovers from this. I tried re-powering several times , unplugging, etc... but nothing seems to work. Did you ultimately change a part that fixed this problem on your machine? If so, what is the part number? Where did you get it, and how much did it cost? Thanks -peter