Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Xerox 5225 toner and drum issues

My drum on my xerox 5225 needed to be replaced.  I replaced the toner accidentally and then realized that wasn't the drum when the message was still there.  I then had to order a drum and just replaced it.  So new drum and toner and both are authentic xerox items.  I'm now having error messages on both items.  Please see pictures and let me know what to do please.  xerox 11copyjpg.jpg

xerox 12copyjpg.jpg

Please help!!!!

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Xerox 5225 toner and drum issues

Assuming they are the correct Xerox parts (metered vs sold and properly region coded) then they would be installed incorrectly.

So take them out, make sure any tape or covers that were on it that needed to be removed per the instructions supplied with the pats were indeed removed first, and put it back in, one at a time and reboot.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

How would I know if I have the right part?  On the drum I just received it shows reorder number 101r00434.  

Analyst Nation Moderator

No idea, If you buy a printer from Xerox and the toner from Xerox they should be fine.

If you buy a printer in North America but the toner in Europe it likely will fail, same part, different region.

If you buy a printer fromm Xerox (metered) and use a toner from Staples (Sold) it may not work (depends on the device)

Your best bet is to call Xerox (if you bought through them) or the retailer to see what can be done.

Your part number is right.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Do metered and sold have different part numbers?  I bought this machine after a friend went out of business and when I call Xerox they tell me to call the retailer who I've tried to have come help multiple times but they never call me back.  

Highlighted

Do metered and sold have different part numbers? I bought this machine after a friend went out of business and when I call Xerox they tell me to call the retailer who I've tried to have come help multiple times but they never call me back. Can you please provide part numbers for both metered and sold drums and cartridges for my unit to see what I have and what I can try? Thank you.