Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Xerox Workcentre 7855 Bypass Tray 5 empty

Our 7855 which has latest firmware installed keeps reporting that the bypass tray 5 is empty, even when nothing is being printed of copied to it.

none of our other 7855 exhibits this problem.

error coded 07-535-00 is displayed as the status code for this message on the UI

grateful for any advice

Graeme

Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox Workcentre 7855 Bypass Tray 5 empty

Hi you!

I cannot find anything on this fault code unfortunately, hopefully someone else have access to the service manual or something similar.

What if you put a paper in the bypass tray, does the printer start to print something?

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

Hi gsmith12,
Thank you for using the Xerox forum.

Is it possible that a networked user sent a job using that tray and the proper size was not there so it is stuck trying to print?

If you disconnect the network and then try to print directly from 1 device does the message still appear?

Mitch Swetsky
Xerox Customer Tools & Social Media Moderator
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues.
Your feedback counts!

I am getting the same error. All my 7855 have the Tray 5 (Bypass) is empty. message. There is no job waiting to print and even the new printers have never had any jobs sent to the bypass tray. I'm using the Xerox Global Print Driver PS 5347.600.0.0.

Thanks.

Analyst Nation Moderator

To All:

There are new Software/Firmware releases almost monthly when you include the Spar releases. We need clarification:

1. What specific firmware is running?
  2. Is the tray actually empty?
  3. If it is empty, is it in the closed (unused) position?
  4. Where on the local interface is the message?
Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I think you should try this before other solutions.

FreeFlow User

My 7855 is also displaying this message.  I can't get it to go away either.  I didn't see any solution posted on this page (or anywhere else I looked) so I figured I'd bump it to bring it back to life.

I've tried the manual overwrite, but still get the message.

Firmware version is 072.040.104.14800, I realize that this isn't the most up to date version, however it's the version that works with my server for scanning.

The tray is empty, and in the closed position.

No jobs are being held in the queue for the bypass tray.

Any help would most definitely be appreciated.

Chris

Analyst Nation Moderator

The tray sensor is always on, and as long as there is no paper in it the message will always be displayed in the driver here:

Untitled.png

As well as here in CWIS:

Capture.GIF

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

I am also experiencing this same issue. We just received this brand new printer and have had it for about a week. It did not do this before nor require the bypass tray to be loaded with any size paper. The status message began appearing today and now all other print jobs are on hold and won't print. I've tried loading the bypass tray with paper and it still won't print other jobs. Not sure what to do. I know that this bypass tray doesn't have to contain paper because it worked just fine without it. I have confirmed that no jobs were sent to this bypass tray and have deleted all pending jobs and resending a standard page print job that should have been printed from trya 3 or 4.

[ Edited ]

I used solution listed by v.andreev on 12-22-14.

This worked for me!! Thanks so much. It didn't actually get rid of the message which says bypass tray is empty, but it did allow all print jobs to go through again regardless of it being empty. Thanks again.