Brian-Denitech

11x17 Printing from PowerPoint

Simply put, I'm trying to format slides to be 11x17, and print on the entire surface of an 11x17 piece of paper. I've been reading around and people seem to be having an issue with this across multiple versions of PowerPoint; the biggest issue seems to be the fact that the margin options aren't customizable in the same way they are in Word/Excel.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and printing the document to a Xerox WorkCentre 7545 which is using the latest 64-bit global print drivers (PCL, PCL6 & PS). In either Word or Excel I can format the page to 11x17 and when I hit Print the paper is automatically set to 11x17 which basically equates to File>Print>Done. However when I format the slides in PowerPoint to 11x17 and hit Print it will initially print out a full page on 8 1/2x11, with a little missing off the edges. This is because the driver doesn't recognize the margins I have specified so I have to go into the printer properties and choose 11x17 specifically. Now when I print, it shoots out an 11x17 piece of paper...with the text covering an 8 1/2x11 space with the edges cut off. I'm getting a pretty good feeling this is a limitation within PowerPoint but it may be the driver, hence the inquiry.

Has anyone on here had success printing a full page of anything from PowerPoint to an 11x17 piece of paper without having to go through a ton of steps??

Thanks,

Brian

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Fabio

Re: 11x17 Printing from PowerPoint

will this help , its a new feature in the driver : X_GPD_5_216 12_2_3_SFR_Release

comment : Addition of  “Fit to New Size” feature to GPD

You need to call xerox to obtain that release driver 

Please use plain text.
Brian-Denitech

That's the dilemma, and maybe I should have posted it, but that's actually the version of the GPD that I'm using! There is indeed the option of fitting it to a new size, and it does work, however the issue is that in Word/Excel, you don't have to do this. In Word/Excel you can simply change the format of the page to 11x17 and literally hit File>Print as it automatically recognizes the size of paper it will require to accomodate the formatting of the page. PowerPoint however, does not do this. You can change sizes all day but it still wants to print them to 8 1/2 x 11 by default. What we were wondering is if there's a way for the paper size to be automatically recognized.

Thanks,

Brian

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Fabio

thats not gonna happen with drivers, applications always overrules drivers :smileysad:

Please use plain text.