Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document Centre 535 printer driver for Windows XP

I have a Document Centre 535 Digital Copier, in the user manual it mentions a printer driver available for Windows XP but I can't find it listed under the drivers section for this copier on xerox.com

Xerox 535 support page

Where can I download the driver for this copier?  This copier has a USB port on it which I have plugged into a computer, it detects the device but I need the driver.  The manual mentions Centreware but I don't see this available on Xerox.com either. 

Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Document Centre 535 printer driver for Windows XP

Try global print driver.

Windows xp is not longer supported for most of the machine since Microsoft officially stopped the support and development. Also consider that your machine might be end of life (no longer supported by xerox).

I tried that one, wouldn't install when I directed windows to search the c:\xerox folder for the driver.  The global print driver lists the 535 as supported too. 

I just need to find the Centreware 5.x version of the software, so far I haven't been able to find any link to it.  They left the documentation for the copier to work with XP but seem to have pulled the driver software.  Other "legacy" copiers still show print drivers for XP. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Do you mean this CentreWare Web v5.12.14 ?

Also check this guide for the GPD installation.

[ Edited ]

v.andreev thanks, no that version of CentreWare is for newer printers/operating systems. At one point they made a version of it that worked on older copiers/printers like the 535, it's just called CentreWare 5.3 or 5.4. GPD requires a printer that has network functions, the only thing the Document Centre 535 has is USB and I've seen expansion cards for firewire along with fax modem but I don't know if they made a network card for that copier.

If there is a part number for a network expansion card for the Document Center 535 I would be okay with going that route to get the GPD to work. I see mentions of "network scanning" in the support documents so I assume there is an ethernet network adapter for the copier, I can't seem to find the part number for that though.

Valued Contributor

Better contact your local reseller then. They can order the network adaptor.