Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
grebstad

Re: Mac OS 10.6.8 Update - Problems with Fiery Driver

Could there be a Rosetta issue involved here? We already know that OS X 10.7 will absolutely not accept current Xerox drivers for the 242/252/260 series. 

Please use plain text.
Created in Error
Gordo053979-Delete

Hi all. If you google this issue, you will see that 100% of network postscript based printers are not working and there's nothing that can be done in current state. All the tricks don't work on this one. 2 choices:

1-re-install Mac os 10.6.0 and then apply the 10.6.6 combo updater from Apple's support webpage. All your users, files and sw will remain in tact.

2-Adopt a PDFX based workflow if you are printing to a Fiery. Export or save your file as PDFX/3, then using CWS5 (www.efi.com/cws5) import the job to the Hold Q, double click to set print properties and release.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
grebstad

Please use plain text.
grebstad

I should add that the official Xerox solution to this problem.. the reinstallation.. is not called for at all. The cure takes just a minute or two.. se my previous post.

Please use plain text.
print3dixie

Same problem.

My affect printers are 4112, Color 550 and Workcentre 7765

Please use plain text.
grebstad

Fiery posted another fix. I haven´t  tested it as my one worked just fine, but ...

Fiery suggests that what is broken is the cupsSNMPSupplies query. Their fix is simply to edit the relevant ppd files and setting the cupsSNMPSupplies parameter to the value "false". This can be done easily by editing in place the PPD file. A text editor like Smultron will work just fine ( available in the app store ). 

cupsSNMPSupplies is all about sending a query to the printer and then getting supply info back from the printer. The fix suggests that what is really broken in the backend files I replaced is the cupsSNMPSupplies routines. 

It seems that there are two valid solutions now:

1. Replacing the broken backend files 

2. Leaving the broken files in place and instead turn off cupsSNMPSupplies query in the relevant PPD files. 

The Fiery solution is untested by me, but I reckon they are sure this will work. 

Please use plain text.
print3dixie

I FOUND A FIX THAT IS EASY AND WORKS on the apple support forum!

http://www.geocities.jp/horiemonmail/Repair10.6.8.dmg 

Please use plain text.
nfaubert

THIS IS the fastest and best fix. Replaces Files and sets permissions all in one.

IT replacing 4 files in 10.6.8 folder "/usr/libexec/cups/backend".

the four files are unix executibles;
socket
dnssd
lpd
ipp

They are being replaced with the same four files from a mac 10.6.7 system. (New ones dated April 29, 2011 being replaced with files from Dec 16, 2010)

Please use plain text.
grebstad

Some changes at :  http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48419

I added an installer .. actually a pkg file that will run with Apple´s Installer application and made with the Packagemaker application that is bundled with OS X Server Administration Tools. 

It does the exact same as the manual fix, but it includes the 10.6.7 backend files.  There are no additional scripts thrown in. The installer will replace the four broken 10.6.8 backend files with older files.  

Please use plain text.
dgungadoo

The error that flashes up just prior to my Xerox 7132/242/252/260's printing is:

/usr/libexec/cups/backend/dnssd failed

The printer then pauses.

I seams that this latest OS Update 10.6.8 affects all Fiery EX260

While I'm sure Apple will issue an update to fix Post Script printing, I also hope Xerox will get their act together and update their printer drivers for 10.6.8 and in preparation for 10.7 (Lion).

Else, my alegience to Xerox will have to terminate here...

Please use plain text.