Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite - does not work with Phaser 7760

Does anyone else have issues with the Phaser 7760 and Yosemite? It will print only from Tray 2 (8.5x11"). I can't see any of the printer options, like the other trays, or paper types, etc. 

If someone has found a work around please let me know! I think the Driver needs to be updated and is not compatible with Yosemite.

Valued Advisor

Re: Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite - does not work with Phaser 7760

Hi!

There is no driver for 10.10 on this machine as of yet.

Have you tried reinstalled the driver after updating to 10.10?

If not, try doing so as the update corrupts the driver.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

Is there any way to get the regular papersizes available? I can print just fine from yosemite, but dont have A3 as paper size option nor any of the other sizes. 
Or is there a beta driver for Yosemite? It's only paper sizes problem for me.. 

Valued Advisor

Hi, Danny!

Reinstalling the driver could possibly fix this issue.

I have no clue if there will be any driver for 10.10 as there is no compatibility list available yet.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem. I built a new MacPro and the driver didn't work with Yosemite and it didn't work, I have also had printing failure on a MacBook Pro which was updated from Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, repairing permissions didn't fix it either.

I called Xerox and they gave me another driver which worked but before printing a job it printed out an A3 page of code! Also didn't have many printer specific options as with the previous driver. I contacted the Xerox Reseller we purchased the printer from, and they sent me another driver which works but doesn't have the paper feed options, specific to printing on card, thick card, transparency etc.

I am hoping that Xerox will get to work and release the Yosemite Driver for the Phaser 7760 soon, but this driver does help in the meantime.

If any of you who are having the same problem would like to download and try it for yourselves, you can find it here: https://darkhorseagency.sharefile.com/d/seb9aca3668f4b57b

Put the .PPD file in HD>Library>Printers>PPDs. Good luck.

Cheers

Paul

PS In excess of 70 people have downloaded the driver I uploaded to the FTP site, this is supposed to be a Xerox User Help Forum, not one person has posted their experiences on whether the driver worked for them or not, or other work arounds to fix this issue! Come on guys, share your experiences and help others in the process. Rant over ;-)

You sir, are brilliant. Thank you for the file, much much thanks!

Your very welcome

[ Edited ]

[See edit below]

it's not allowing me to print Tabloid, no matter what I do it grabs 8.5x11 from the bytpass tray and prints a tablioid sized image onto the center of the page so everything around it cuts off.

tried resetting the printing system and rebuilding the printers, connecting trhough IP on our LAN.

[EDIT]

apparently if OS X "finds" the drivers for you automatically it doesn't work,

When I first did the printer install after resetting the print system Yosemite said there was a printer update, I let it run and Yosemite found the printer and installed it, at that point the other tray options showed but did not work.

When I did another printer instlall right after I chose "other" from the bottom of the pull down, then navigagte to the PPD it allowed me to use the other functions of the Printer.

if anyones does use the Reset Printing System before trying this PPD keep in mind any Printer you have in your printers list will be removed and you will need to reinstall them.

thanks!

7706DN 

Yosemite 10.10

I rolled back my driver to get the most from my Phaser... rolling back to 10.9 did nothing but rolling back to 10.8 and magically everything connected and started communicating as normal, with all the printer options I'm used to. Don't know if that would work for everyone but after pulling my hair out over the past month this has been working for the last several days, incident-free. 

Thanks for sharing the .PPD file, our printer works again, without having to wait for ages before something to get printed.