cli856

Not printing color for some users, Phaser 6350

Our networked Phaser 6350 is printing in full color for some machines and not for others. I have little idea where to start trouble shooting. The printer shows no errors.

Please use plain text.
Xerox Employee
JohnM-Xerox

Re: Not printing color for some users, Phaser 6350

Hello cli856,

The answer to this problem is in the Xerox Online Support Assistant here on Xerox.com. Here is the link to the Phaser 6350 Knowledge Base.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-6300-6350/support/enus.html

Just type in the description of the problem in the text field for the knowledge base and you will find your answer (essentially there is a issue with a driver. The knowledge base articles contain step by step instructions as well as color pictures to resolve most problems). If you type "no color windows 7" in the search field, you'll be presented with several results. Choose the one that suits your situation best.

Hopefully this helps to resolve your problem. If not, at the top of the knowledge base window you will find the 800 number for contacting the Xerox Customer Support Center (800-835-6100).

John

Please use plain text.
cli856

Thanks John for the response. I should have mentioned we are all Macintosh users here, with installs ranging from 10.4 to 10.6. I could not find a OSX related help article in the knowledge base. I will call the support center later today, but is there a charge?

Please use plain text.
Xerox Employee
JohnM-Xerox

For customers who purchased a service contract, there is no charge.  If you did not purchase a service contract, there will be a charge, yes.  The charges will get billed to your account.  I'm sorry that If you haven't made the call to Xerox yet, try downloading the product specific driver from Xerox.com instead of using the resident driver or Windows Update driver. This should solve the issue for you as there is a problem with the other drivers, as you and others have found out.

Please use plain text.