Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phaser 6500 "Waste Full Black Cartridge" error message

Printer is a Xerox Phaser 6500/DN, has been printing flawlessly since purchase (9 months ago)

Got this error message today, not entirey sure how to deal with it since this error message is not covered in any of the manuals for this printer. Since the printer does not have a standalone waste collector/container I figure the waste container is part of the toner cartridge... to test this I removed the existing black cartridge and replaced it with a brand new cartridge, but the error persists.

How do I solve this problem?

Community Manager

Re: Phaser 6500 "Waste Full Black Cartridge" error message

Hi BuzMack,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at these solutions for Waste Full Black Cartridge.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Buz, I hope you have a better experience than I did. I got the same canned response which took me to a page that said turn off wait 10 seconds then restart. If that doesn't do it contact service. Well I emailed service which kicked back a message to contact any of the local Xerox service providers. Upon calling both of them they DID NOT HAVE ANY SERVICE INFORMATION ON THIS VERY UNIT! One of the techs even suggested I trash it and go buy another one.
Xerox may be great for offices, but they have a lot to learn about customer service when it comes to home owned equipment.

Gordon

Hi Buz and Rinkopr,

I am sorry that you have had a less than acceptable experience.  Most often our knowledge content contains the steps to resolve most issues.  In some cases it may not contain the information you require at which time we recommend that you contact support.  I will check with our support team to see if there are any other recommendations they may have.

Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox

Sandy I would appreciate any instructions you can give. The Xerox guys just tell me they have not data available, and offer for $299 to repair. I imagine on a $20k copier that is a reasonable price for diagnostics and repair, but for a $35 printer its a bit much to swallow for a home user.

My last printer a Lanier 135 gave me issues and took flight out the back deck, and this Xerox is heading toward the same fate along with me spreading the word that "This is not your Fathers Xerox and should be avoided".

Thanks again for looking into this which seems to be a big issue from what I have read on the net with no solution.

Hi Rinkopr.

The issue can be caused by a conflict between the printer and the specific toner cartridges you are using. To help troubleshoot if it is a faulty Xerox cartridge or caused by other means support would need to be engaged. It would be best to contact them at 1-800-835-6100 to discuss further details.

Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
Highlighted
Valued Advisor

Hey you!

If the error message still persist after installing a new toner cartridge, the MCU board will need to be replaced.

If you're not 100% sure on how to do this, I suggest you call Xerox to get an engineer out or if its cheaper buy a new machine.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

WASTE FULL BLACK CARTRIDGE.  THIS ERROR MESSAGE IS NOT IN THE USER DOCUMENTATION. WHY? I want Xerox to answer this question. I bought a 6500 20 days ago and got this message; the Xerox original cartridge is in the unit. I want a very clear answer.

Ralph
Valued Advisor

Hi, Rallph!

Please, do read the actual thread.

We have already given solutions to this issue.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

I read the "fix". As others said, the "fix" doesn't work. As another said, this matter ought to be in the user manual.

How about somebody from xerox explain exactly what the problem is (which it seems that they don't know since they seem unable to tell how to fix it)?