Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
woookash

Phaser 7400DN - can't define output destination

Hi,

We're using the latest 7400DN drivers (5.50.3.0N from 2008.01.10), and I have a weird issue: with this driver, I'm missing the "ouput destination" field

http://img18.imageshack.us/i/7400n.jpg/

Weirdest: it works with the old pcl driver (one dated from 2005, but that one is missing other options, so we can't use it either).

Xerox Employee
JohnM-Xerox

Re: Phaser 7400DN - can't define output destination

Hello woookash,

I have checked out the Xerox.com/support Drivers & Downloads page for the Phaser 7400 and I see a similar driver version to the one that you mentioned in your post.  The version on Xerox.com is 5.50.30 and is dated Jan. 27th, 2008.  There is a PostScript driver installer file and a separate Post Script driver file both with that version number and release date.  I don't know if you downloaded the driver file from Xerox.com/support or not, but if you didn't, you might want to try the two files that I mentioned above.  Failing that, there is a Global Print Driver available that was just added recently (February 2011).  That might work for you.

John

woookash

Hi John,

I wasn't able to download the global driver using firefox 4, but well using internet explorer 8..that's why I didn't test it the other day.

But it works perfectly with the global driver indeed.

Thanks for the tip, we'll leave that one on our print server.

Xerox Employee
JohnM-Xerox

Hi woookash,

You're welcome.  Glad to hear that you are up and running again! :smileyhappy:

AdiSan

HI John! I have the same problem but I work in an all Mac enviornment.... I can't select "output destination"... And with my old mac I could... is there a solution for Mac users??

I alreday dowloaded everything I could....
PS: My printer is a 7400DN also.
Xerox Employee
JohnM-Xerox

Hello AdiSan,

Let's start at the beginning... What version of OS are you running on your Mac?  What web browser are you using?  What version printer driver have you most recently loaded on your Mac?  What was the last version that you had that everything worked?

Basically, tell me everything that you did starting with the last time everything worked.

John

kaika313

I had the same issue and I managed to solve it today. I used a Mac OSX 10.6 and the output destination option never appeared with the right driver. So I downloaded the PPD file for MAC OS 9.x and finally the output destination option appeared and all the other functions worked!

I know this is an old post but anyway hope that it is helpful.

Good work

Karina