Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Flashinpan
Accepted Solution

Phaser 7500 Custom Printing Size Problem

I've been trying to print from my Mac to my Phaser 7500. The custom paper size is 11 X 35. I set the size in the printer menu and saved, no problem (manual feed). I set the the application print dialog correctly (I tried both Photoshop and inDesign). The preview of the print always looked correct. Then when I print, It pulls the whole page but only prints 8.5 X 11 in the middle. When I turn on the promp for page, it always says "insert 8.5 x 11" but I had changed it to the 11 X 35 custome size. 

How do you get this thing to print odd paper sizes?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
CherylO-Xerox

Re: Phaser 7500 Custom Printing Size Problem

Hi

Thank you for using the Support Forum.  Please take a look at the Online Support for the Phaser 7500.  http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-7500/support/enus.html Search on "custom"  The case "How To Create and Use Custom Size Paper" is what you are looking for.  You have to make some changes in the driver as well this may be where you are running into a problem.  Please give the instructions in this case a try and see if that will work for you. 

Thanks

CherylO-Xerox

Forums Moderator

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Flashinpan

Re: Phaser 7500 Custom Printing Size Problem

I'm responding here for others who run into this problem. I can tell you, I did everything right to print the custom size. I ended up caling tech support and they used a logmein feature so he could take control of my Mac. He agreed it was all set up correctly. The way he solved this problem was to do it incorrectly. So don't bother with the online help or manual or any of that.

I was trying to print to the size 11X35. The way to make it work is to do the opposite in the custom size creation on the computer's Xerox custom print size print dialog, so the tech help guy entered in 35X11, which is incorrect according to the interface. That says the page is 35 inches wide instead of long. Well, once he tried that, it worked. So I just left it at that. Remember, in the actual application's print settings, (like Photoshop, etc.), you DO keep the correct measurements. Its just in the custom print size creation you have to do it wrong to get it to work.

Other than this problem, this is a great printer.

Hope that helps. 

Please use plain text.