Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phaser 7760 Light Streak accross yellow fill page

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have noticed some problems with some colors prints on our 7760.  I printed the trouble shooting print quality pages.  The problem fits exactly with the first problems illustration.  "Light Lines or Streaks - One Color" I have cleaned the window and also replaced the imaging unit (very expensive!).  To my suprise the problem did not go away.  It is only with the Yellow.

I looked inside the area where the imaging unit sits and I noticed yellow ink standing almost like with a charge of static, presumably this is how the ink gets from the printer to the imaging unit.  I think a matted area that corresponds with the white stripe in the yellow fill page is causing my issue. 

I have attached an image of the location within the imaging units slot that I now believe is causing my problem.  It's as if whatever charges the ink to stand up there is not making it stand in the effected white stripe area.

Thanks in advance.

7760_Yellow_problem.jpg

yellow_fill.jpg

Occasional Advisor

Re: Phaser 7760 Light Streak accross yellow fill page

[ Edited ]

Its a void in the developer housing. If a foreign debris or clumped toner gets in there it leaves a void on the magnetic roller. The developer housing and developer usually have to be replaced to fix it.

[ Edited ]

Is the developer housing a replacable or servicable part?  I guess I'll try to locate one to see.

Occasional Advisor

You need a service tech.

[ Edited ]

I'm very mechanically inclined, and this is a personal printer so service tech is not likely in my budget, I just needed some guidance.  Years later I found this video and now its fixed.  There was a small chunk of what appeared to be silicone glue that somehow got trapped in the developer wiper.  I did what this ace Xerox mechanic in the video did almost exactly except I made my piece of paper a slight "C" shape as to pull out any foreign debree rather than possibly push it in or to the end of the developer housing.  Viola a little chunk of silicone glue about 2mm wide 4mm long and .5mm thick was trapped in the location.  I am now getting rid of my now perfectly functioning 7760 since we moved and I have to settle for a smaller printer.  I will miss this beast....  I hope this helps someone.  This is NOT an easy task, only do this if you are very mechanically inclined, I do reccomend a tech do it.  The guy in the video is an amazingly talented Xerox tech.  Before screwing the plate that holds the developer rollers in place be sure the developers move freely.  This step was frustrating but necessary.  I'd hate to think what would happen if someone forced this back together...  I hope my link works.  I found it on youtube searching 7760 developer.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBjmKmyC8Zk&t=37s

Occasional Advisor

They also came out with another way of doing this without removing the housing. They attached a peice of mylar to the end of the ros cleaning wand.

[ Edited ]

I was actually thinking something like this was possible after all that trouble.... but hey I'm happy I got it and super thankful for the video. That guy makes it look easy, obviously through doing it often. LOL Fiery I hope life has been treating you well for all these years! I remember Fiery printing my school projects. Cheers!