Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MexicoUser

Problem with Windows 7 64-bit driver for WorkCentre Pro 128

Hello everyone.

I do have a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 128, which has been used on my company for years, with XP users. Right now, I am trying to install the driver for a new user with Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. I downloaded the PPD driver provided by the Xerox web site.

I installed it. However, when I print a test page, or any other document, the Xerox machine starts printing pages and pages of non-sense fonts and numbers. I do have to manually cancel the job. Otherwise, the printer keeps printing a lot of pages.

I don't know if the driver is incorrect, or there is a tricky checkbox I have not selected on the advanced menu. If anyone has a tip or suggestion, I will really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Agency Analyst
JordanAXAUQE-AA

Re: Problem with Windows 7 64-bit driver for WorkCentre Pro 128

MexicoUser,

This is due to your machine most likely not having the PostScript Kit installed. I would contact your local sales agency to see if you can purchase this kit. I do not believe it is possible since this machine is on "Stop Order Taking".

Before I tried the above method I would visit http://www.xerox.com/support and type in the Machine Model and then visit the Download section. Navigate to the Windows Vista  x64 bit drivers and select the PCL driver. You can use the Windows Vista driver on XP.

Cheers,
Jordan

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Xerox Agency Analyst

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
Please use plain text.
MexicoUser

Jordan,

I didn't call to the local Xerox guys. I tried first with the Vista 64-bit driver, just as you said, and it worked! Thanks a lot for your help.

Please use plain text.
oriora6

Had a similar problem, this was incredably useful.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
jstonemark

I have an 8825 (serial number EV4), and I had the same problem (no Win7 64-bit support).  I used the 510 (serial number YKE) driver and it works fine.  It is the FreeFlow Accxes Drivers v 14.0.4:

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/xerox-510-print-system/downloads/enus.html?associatedProduct=ac...

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Fabio

good news, xerox released a new PCL driver for the 123/128 series, its avaible on the download section

NO ps though...

Please use plain text.