Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Quality issue Xerox 252 with new Fiery

Hi! My old Fiery stoped working so I bought a new (used) one for my Xerox 252. The only problem I have is that the quality of the images is bad. For an example, so does the white become gray or pink. I will upload a picture so it's clear what I'm talking about.IMG_1492.JPG  

Where it should be white it's pink and there is even streaks in the picture. (Everything is ok when I print in black and white)

Thanks in advance!

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Quality issue Xerox 252 with new Fiery

SCSI cable is bad/loose (Replace if possible, reverse if need be)

Color Profile is corrupt (Reload the Fiery or change the default profile and hope)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

I tested with a new cable (my old one that a know works) and the problem is the same.
What do you mean by "Color profile is corrupt"?
The first page and the color cal-page came out in perfect quality

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG'

So I assume that there is nothing wrong with the cable. If there was some problem with the softwarewouldn't that appear in the first page and in the Colorcal-page?

Here are some better pictures of how the quality is. The first one I sent wasn't so good.

sugminrov.jpgThis one is the one I want to print.

wedding test scan.jpg

(It is a scanned photo, but it is almost identical with how I see it in real life) As you see is the quality not near the other. The colors are not the same and look at the marked area at the flowers. They almost get a little spotty.

Can it be somthing wrong with the calibration?

Analyst Nation Moderator

What do you mean by "Color profile is corrupt"?

I mean the color profile is corrupt/modified and in general "Not correct", the "not correct could be that somebody intentionally made changes, or simply set a default to something other than what you are printing on, for example, set the output profile to Coated 3 and print on plain paper and the job will not output even close to proper.

2.GIF

And then there is the inputs, someone before you may have changed them in odd ways, the defaults would be the following:

3.GIF

So I assume that there is nothing wrong with the cable. If there was some problem with the softwarewouldn't that appear in the first page and in the Colorcal-page?

Yes it would

Can it be somthing wrong with the calibration?

Yes it could, if it were mine, I would reload the system without question, but if that isn't an option, and assuming somebody caused this with settings and not corruption, I would restore device and then reboot and test, if better, I would proceed to calibration, in my case with a spectrometer (ES1000) but if that was unavailable I would at least do a colorcal for each stock

5.GIF

I would make sure that a job imported in by CWS5 also has an issue, because it could be the driver if internal pages print fine, because the driver could be a different Fiery version (The 260 came with a Bustled Fiery that ran System 6, but was upgradeable to System 8e release 2, And the External Fiery that I believe was also System 8 release 2. The drivers were different, the stocks were different.

And of course if the previous owner modified the profiles, you can't fix them unless you know what they changed, and what they were originally, so a reload would be necessary there.

6.GIF

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

I did as you said and pressed "Restore Device" and now does the printer print much better quality on color images. I will continue with a calibration for a perfect result.
I really appreciate your professional support!