03-24-2012 06:19 PM
I'm new in Xerox and I try to share my experience, also some help will be useful.
We've got some brand new 5330 7545 and 5745 xerox machines. We are using them in networked
environment, shared on win 2k8 r2 server using Xerox Global Print Driver.
The 90% percent of the workstations have Windows 7 32bit version the rest are win XP or win 7 64bit,
the following problem occurs randomly after the User maps the printer and sets the pin code(at the first print prompted or manually in the printer preferences) :
All mentioned models affected:
1. Everything works fine for a couple of day or hours. (actually this is not a problem)
2. Users don't change their pin code, usually they use the same and don't check the printer
preferences where the secure print feature is located and they don't get a notification about the basic mode fall back, because this notification happens at the printer when they want to release the job, like this:
1. You don't have to release anything because:
Printer feeds multiple sheets with random letters or empty pages until the trays are empty.
2. You don't have to release anything at the job list because:
The print comes out like a normal print.
At the machine, the document is in the Job List but pin code does not release the job, sometimes 1111 code works.
At the machine, the document is in the Job List but pin code does not release the job.
1111 code does not work.
1. Remove printer from devices and printers.
2. Remove xerox related stuff from
3. Remove windows\system32\spool\drivers\wXXXXX\3\Xerox directory and x2*.dll files
(required to close acrobat reader and ms office)
4. Map again the printer. This works, no basic mode fall back, so far.
I've done some research about Basic mode fall back in Xerox Print Driver Platform doc
(sftwp_02_2_1UD.pdf) and problem(bug or feature) exists but exact solution is not. Could be the bidirectional communication failure and I tried to change this options in the driver settings with no luck.
03-27-2012 03:46 PM
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please make sure you look at the support pages for your machines for possible answers. For the first issue on the 5330 please make sure you are choosing the PCL driver. Choosing the PS driver may cause the issue you are seeing. For the other issues please search on "secure print" on the support pages. If you are still having issues please contact support.