Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Versant 80 Prints colors in white background

Hello,

I have been having an issue for the past couple weeks, which is very noticeable on long runs. Once I print upwards of a hundred sheets or so, I start to see colors printing lightly in the background accross the entire sheet. It gets worse and worse the more sheets we print in the same run. It is prominently in one color, but the issue does move with the drum if we swap 2 drums. Swapping out for a new drum seems to clean it up temporarily, but it comes back quickly. Also, letting the machine sit for a while seems to clean it up too. The problem is we have about 15 hours of printing to get done over the next 2 days, so we can't be stopping every 100 sheets, and we certainly don't have enough drums to only be getting 5% life out of them. Any suggesttions? The tech has already swapped out the fuser belt and all the devleoper housings.

Thank you!

Technical Escalation User

Re: Versant 80 Prints colors in white background

I am having the same issue on a Versant 80 with backgrond on whole sheet and in edge erase areas. New drums, new developers, transfer belt and 1st transfer roller hvps. Took customers paper (80lb text glossy) to another machine and it ran fine. The background seems to be all colors. With new magenta drum and magenta developer I can still see slight magenta in the background. 2nd btr and fuser belt are new.

Have you found a solution?

Re: Versant 80 Prints colors in white background

The issue is a bad batch of drums was produced. Xerox is very aware of the issue, and it presents itself in many different ways. From light toner in the background, to deletions, to seemingly random lines accross the sheet. Any drum with a date stamp of pre-May is bad. You should order some new drums. At this point, they have cycled through all the bad ones, and are sending out good ones, which I believe have been produced through a different manufacturer. We got a set with the date of June on them, and have not had any of the same problems we were having, and it has been a few weeks. I hope this is helpful. Thanks!