05-08-2018 09:59 AM
Our office printer has these issues: Xerox WorkCentre 4260
1) Occasional (frequent but not every time) creasing of pages. Creasing - wrinkling is not always in the same place but it tends to be vertical on the 8.5 x 11" page
2) Even if it is not wrinkled, there is a line down the left side of the printed pages. This is a relatively new issue. Toner has 5% left. If there a plastic "wand" with soft bristles that could be cleaned in this model? I'm recalling my college computer lab assistant days from 20 years ago...
3) Somewhat frequent paper jams a couple to a few times per week in what the manual defines as the "side cover area". What can we do to make these be less frequent or totally fix the issue?
Any suggestions are most welcome, thanks!
05-08-2018 11:56 AM
1. Wrinkled paper in most cases become from used fuser unit.
2. If the line is black, it is from Drum Cartridge and no it cannot be cleaned.
3 .Paper jam can be from dirty or used feed rollers.
05-09-2018 10:12 AM
How can the fuser unit be examined, fixed/cleaned, or replaced?
What can be done about the drum cartridge?
Can the feed rollers be cleaned? If so, how?
What is the replacement cost for the above, if they can't be cleaned or fixed?
For all the above, how do I access the parts inside of this specific model of printer, WorkCentre 4260? It has been some years since I've opened up a printer and put it back together properly.
05-09-2018 01:41 PM
The fuser module is simple to take it out. Open the left hand door and the fuser is fixed with 4 yellow screws.
For replacing the drum cartridge open the left cover, the front cover, toner cartridge and the drum.
For the feed rollers open and take it out the paper tray and look inside and you will find the rollers. It is quiet simple.
About the prices I do not know anything.
05-10-2018 09:51 AM
05-10-2018 11:10 AM
Sorry for my mistake! It is the right hand cover, not left (most of the machines have a left hand cover for removing jam or for replacing consumables).
Fisrt picture is the fuser, 2nd is the drum, 3rd toner, 4th is the machine with right cover open and here you will see the fuser inserted.
05-10-2018 12:04 PM
05-10-2018 12:28 PM
I make a print screen and hope you see now the images. I do not know why the images are looking as you describe. I also have this issue in some network environment but in the other I see the pictures like they are.