Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WorkCentre 6027 Cartridge Density Error

I recently purchased a Xerox WorkCentre 6027 and it show to have come with cartridges with 100% capacity.  I printed apx 150 pages and they dropped down to about 88% according to the icon on the top of the display screen.  Shortly there after, an error message popped up stating there was a "cartridge density error- check black cartridge".  I had not expected full cartridges when I purchased the printer and made the assumption that the black cartridge had an issue.  I purchased a new cartridge that said it would print apx 2000 pages.  I printed about another 125 pages and the same "cartridge density error- check black cartridge" notice showed up again, mid-printing.  I have not found a way to get this message off of the screen to look at any of the stats on the printer.  Also, I don't understand why the error message is back when it is a brand new cartridge that has been replaced.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I have one very large and expensive paper weight sitting in my home.

Community Manager

Re: WorkCentre 6027 Cartridge Density Error

Hi j.mck,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solutions for cartridge density error.  If the problem continues please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Your solution for Density errors is:  Turn off for 45 seconds, Replace with another (expensive) toner cartridge, or contact support.  UGH

I have had a Xerox WorkCenter 6027 for about 1 month. It has printed about 125 pages. The original toner cartridges were all in the range of 75%.  The printer started to exhibit a cartridge low density error, originally for the magenta cartridges. I replaced the magenta cartridge with a brand new genunie Xerox cartridge, but the problem persisted. I eventually replace all of the cartridges with genuine Xerox cartriges, but the problem persists on 3 of the four cartridges:

093-919:Replace the Yellow Cartridge Now.
093-922:Replace the Black Cartridge Now.

093-920:Replace the Magenta Cartridge Now.

The status on the printer's webpage shows the 4 cartridges are 100% full. 

What gives Xerox? Clearly the low density errror has nothing to do with the cartridge. I tried everyting that was suggested on this thread, including power cycling for 45 seconds, and nothing fixes the problem. I've had HP printers in the past that have lasted over 10 years. My first impression of Xerox printers now is pretty low having barely gotten a month out of it. Please help.