Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ronalines

Workcentre 5225 Paper Jam

[ Edited ]

Hi All, this is really getting me.  In the bottom tray of my 5225 (tray 2) I have tabloid 11x17 paper for blueprint printing.  The upper tray contains 8.5x11 paper and works just fine.  When I try and print to tray two, the printer constantantly says 'Paper Jam" even though there is no paper jam.  I have taken tray 2 out, lowered the left side "B" tray, opened each door on the left side and there is simply no paper anywhere.  Yesterday I printed one sheet from tray two just fine.  Today, nothing.  Paper Jam, Paper Jam, Paper Jam.  Tray 2 is 3/4 full of paper and the paper path is absolutly clear.  

If I swap tray 2 into tray 1's position and then put tray 1 into tray 2's position, BOTH print just fine.  I have to tell the application where the size I want is, but it works just fine, both 8.5x11 and the 11x17 tabloid paper.  Now I have the Workcentre 5225 with a big black 2 in the upper tray and a big black 1 in the lower tray.  This works fine but if I reverse them, then the bottom tabloid tray goes back to paper jam.  

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on with this 5225?

Thanks, Ron Lines

Please use plain text.