Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
IS_Tech

Workcentre 7335 unwanted duplicates

I have 2 Xerox Workcentre 7335 printers that will randomly print unwanted duplicate copies.   Sometimes the print job will square the number of requested copies, such as printing 3 copies of document x produces 9 copies, or print 4 produces 16.  Other times printing a single copy of a 1 page document will empty the entire tray.   This issue is very random, for most users it happens once per day or so.  The issue isn't limited to a particular application, OS, or user.  The error logs in the printer show nothing which corresponds with the times when this issue occurs. 

I am highly suspicious that this is related to a driver problem.  I have tried using the latest global print driver with PS, PCL5, PCL6 and am currently focusing on Win7 machines but results are inconclusive.  Using a network installation of the driver vs installing the driver locally does not seem to have any effect. 

Anyone have any suggestions on what to try with these printers?

Advisor
Fabio

Re: Workcentre 7335 unwanted duplicates

what version of global are you using?

IS_Tech

Currently I am working with Version 5.246.7.0.   I am going to expiriment further with PCL5 and 6 and PS to see if it makes a difference.  The problem is very random and difficult to reproduce.  It could take days to have enough events occur to make any determinations.  

henchr

Has this problem been solved???

Have a workcentre 7345 with the same problem.