Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
EROBIBI
Accepted Solution

Workcentre-M118 not connected with PC Windows 7 64 bits

Hi.

Before , we have many PC WIndows XP-32 bits what are connected in Lan server PC WIndows XP-32 bits and many Workcentre-M118 printers.

With those PC Win XP-32 bits, no probleme to print with these printers.

We have bought new PC with Windows 7 64 bits .

But with the new PC with Windows 7 64 bits as we have downloaded the Workcentre-M118 drivers from XEROX.com , we can not connected those printers !!! We have tried many solutions but with no success. 

So we have many problems for printing our documents.

Can someone help us to find a solution please ?

Thank you by advance.

Advisor
Fabio

Re: Workcentre-M118 not connected with PC Windows 7 64 bits

what driver have you used? there is no windows 7 64 bit driver avaible??

what you can try is download the global driver , put it in basic workcentre mode

use this tutorial to install a printer : http://www.support.xerox.com/support/WCM118/support/en_US.html?objGUID=3555

EROBIBI

Thank for reply.

We have used the file « win2kms.inf from 32_64bitw2kps.exe which comes from  the driver

Windows PostScript PPD Driver Files - 32/64-bit  , downloaded from the site

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-m118-   m118i/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=wi...

= = = = = =  = = =  = = = = = = = = =  = =

·           Date: Aug 19, 2000

·           Version:

·           Size: 1.3 MB

·           Format: EXE

Windows PostScript PPD Driver Files - 32/64-bit

·           PPD

·           PostScript

Description

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

We have also followed the instructions to install the  Print driver(Add Printer) for Windows 7 64 bits to print Using a Standard TCP/IP Port :

http://www.support.xerox.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?St=401,E=0000000002924326867,K=4359,Sxi=5,Case=...

In resume, our new PC Win 7-64 bits can see and connect the Xerox WorkCentre M118  Printer.

But when we print with this printer for exemple a Word file, we see in the paper print some strange characters, signs, instructions ….. like « PSscript….moveto ...errorname ...systemedict ....ifelse...."  and not the Word text ! ! ! 

Does it mean that Xerox WorkCentre M118  Printer does not have drivers for Windows 7-64 bits ? The drivers listed upper is not compatible with Win 7-64.

That’s why Win 7-64 cannot print correctly with this printer !

So what is the best solutions for our problem ?

EROBIBI

Dear Fafio .

I refer also to your ansver and i have 2 questiions.

" .........  what you can try is download the global driver , put it in basic workcentre mode

use this tutorial to install a printer : http://www.support.xerox.com/support/WCM118/support/en_US.html?objGUID=3555

......"

1/ what is the"GLOBAL DRIVER " you talk   ????

2/ I have gone to internet adresse you have given upper.

I remark that the Windows OS used is  Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista OS to Print Using TCP/IP and not for WIndows 7-64 bits !

I do not understand : does it means that there is not Workcentre-M118 drivers compatible for Win 7 64, so we have to use Workcentre-M118 drivers for WIn XP ?? 

Advisor
Fabio

no , dont think the m118 is supported anymore, so the best way is indeed to try the global driver

it can be downloaded here : www.xerox.com/global

normally the driver detects the model by configuring the ip address in the driver, since your model isnt supported anymore, the driver will put himself in basic workcentre mode, but thats good enough for a m118

just try it :smileyhappy:

EROBIBI

Hi Fabio.

I try it : i have gone to Xerox.com/Global.

But i have seen many drivers : what driver do I have to download and use for  GLOBAL DIRVER ??? See updown :  :smileysurprised:

·          o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19  o    Size: 14.5 MB  o    Format: EXE   Install from Web

o    ·          

o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19 o    Size: 28.2 MB  o    Format: EXE

PCL5 64-bit Driver – Download and Install

o    ·          

o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19 o    Size: 28.2 MB o    Format: EXE

PCL6 64-bit Driver – Download and Install

o    

·          

o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19  o    Size: 28.2 MB  o    Format: EXE PostScript 64-bit Driver – Download and Install

o    

EROBIBI

Hi again Fabio.

We refer to our last message as  I have a discussion with our Administor.

The solution you give is good if the WC M 18 Printer is directly conected to the LAN ( so It has a TCP/IP adresse to install the  Print driver(Add Printer) for Windows 7 64 bits to print Using a Standard TCP/IP Port ).

But in our case, this printer is connected to a PC, and this PC is connected directly to the LAN : so the printer does not have TCP/IP adress, but its PC have TCP/IP adress.

So do you know the solution for this case as the soltuion you gave yersterday 11.11.2011 is for a printer with a TCP/IP adress ?

Thanks in advance.