Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Xerox Color 800 Press heavy paper issues

We have been having a jamming issue with our 800 when we print on paper stocks between 110# cover and 130# cover. After talking with the techs they made it sound like our issue is that we are running long gain paper stock through our machine instead of short gain. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Re: Xerox Color 800 Press heavy paper issues

We run short grain on our Xerox Color 1000 and it runs great! I could see long grain giving you trouble because it gives the paper unwanted stiffness. Short grain allows it to bend more easily with the grain as it runs through the machine.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

In those weights short grain runs best. I also always run the heavier stocks out of drawer 2.

Frequent Member

Hi guys

I'm also having an issue with my C75 where when using liek anying over 100lb now then the paper flips the bottom and top rows (say if it's business cards) comes out like the ink is smeared

like there's something in there ripping the ink off of the paper

Print 80lb cover it's cool 

100lb cover it's a proble it happened once last week now it's happening all day today

Coupled with the fact that I've replaced cyan developer twice in a 2 month period and still getting a line run through my prints when pringing blues and greens. 

Analyst Nation Moderator

@digitalprintplus

Answers in your own thread

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.