Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Member
Accepted Solution

Xerox Workcentre 7830 "Resources required to print" error message

[ Edited ]

Hello

I have a Workcentre 7830 running the latest software version (as of today).

We have 4 trays which are setup with the following paper configuration:

Tray 1 - Plain A4

Tray 2 - Letterhead A4

Tray 3 - Pre-Printed A3

Tray 4 - Plain A3

I have setup a pre-set (Saved Setting) within the Xerox Printer Driver named "Pre-Printed A3" and set the following:

driversettings.JPG

However, if I choose this saved setting and print I receive the following error on both the device and also the print software notification:

"Held: Resources Required"

When I then navigate to the control pabel and look at the required resources tab it incorrectly shows the following:

screen002_resized.jpg

However the tray setting on the device is set as follows:

screen001_resized.jpg

So as a result I am unsure as to why Tray 3 isn't being selected automaticaly as per the 'Saved Setting' within the driver preferences.

For some reason the printer is asking for A3 Plain White (Tray 4).

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Lee

Re: Xerox Workcentre 7830 "Resources required to print" error message

Hi Lee,

Do you happen to print from Word?

Please also check if you are not printing a extra banner sheet which may cause you probem.

Frequent Member

Hello

Many thanks for your reply.

No this is printing directly from Internet Explorer, choosing 'Print Preferences' then the 'Saved Setting' drop-down.

We use a web based management system that outputs a page which contains the information that is placed within the pre-printed card in the machine, if I select the 'Saved Setting' to always use 'Tray 3' it works, but couldn't understand why it doesn't automaticaly select the tray based on the setting on both the driver and the printer.

Thanks

Lee

Analyst Nation Moderator

I can't replicate with Pre-printed and auto tray, is it possible this only happens when you choose it from Saved Settings and not if you just apply the A3 and Pre-printed?

I will add a problem you will likely run into with pre-printed, which is probably where artphil-nl was going with his question on Word.

The 073 firmware General release will choose which side of Letterhead and Pre-printed it will start printing on by the simplex/duplex setting. The latest firmware fixes that bug. I'd suggest trying it, as well as maybe a different driver (Global PS vs Native PS or vice versa)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Frequent Member

Hi Joe

Many thanks for your reply.

I have just tried your suggestion (see photo below):

manual_driver_screengrab.JPG

however the device still will not print and generates the following error:

job_error.JPG

The driver is the PS version:

PS_Driver_version.JPG

Even if I change the type from pre-printed to 'lightweight card stock" and match the driver to the same tray type it still will not print. At a loss?

Thanks again

Lee

Analyst Nation Moderator

Just tried with that exact driver, works fine, there is a caveat of course, I'm in Canada, So A3 isn't in the machine, tabloid is. Mine prints purely because it is set to auto convert.

So let us see what happens if you submit my print to yours.Grab this ps file, throw it at your machine via LPR from the command line, or toss it at it via CWS Print tab and see what happens.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Frequent Member

Hi Joe

Thanks again.

I used your PS file and ran it through CWS and it did indeed print (a very wet cat!) from Tray 3 without any intervention.

However for some reason I cannot get it to work using the print driver.. so feel a little defeated.

I think the solution is just to always ensure tray 3 has the pre-printed paper in and just set ithe driver to always use Tray 3 and not automicatly select.

Lee

Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator

That file is a pdf, sent from Adobe Reader XI, using the PS driver you have on Windows 7 32bit with the exact settings you had.

So that means that either the issue is in

1. Internet Explorer

2. Corrupted driver (Install the PS GPD driver with a new port and see if it works)

It really can't be anything on the machine or mine would have failed too. So it must be the driver or application.

Joe.
Frequent Member

Hi Joe

Once again you have solved the issue!

I downloaded the Global Print Driver (PS 64 Bit) as follows:

File Download: PostScript 64-bit Driver - Download and Install

• Filename X-GPD_5.496.7.0_PS_x64B.exe
  • Version 5.496.7.0
  • Date Jun 30, 2016
  • Size 38.6 MB

I then added the printer via IP address (it remembered my 'saved settings') and then hit print within internet explorer selecting the saved setting and it printed immediatly from the correct tray.

Is Post Script the recomended driver (instead of PCL 6)?

Thanks again

Lee

Analyst Nation Moderator

PS is better (objectively) and preferred pretty much 95% of the time

Longer answer

Joe.