Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

excess oil on drum 8570

I just replaced the maintenance kit on our 8570 colorqube.  This is not the first time therre has been excess oil after installing a new maint. Kit, it happened the last two time.  How can I solve this?

Valued Advisor

Re: excess oil on drum 8570

Hey, David!

I suggest you clean the drum by following THIS guide, and see if that helps.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

Thanks Kinzi, but I have done that many times and there is still too much oil being deposited onto the drum.

Valued Advisor

Hi again, David!

This is what I could find out:

Oil streaks or spots typically results from excessive or insufficient Drum oiling. A problem with the Drum Maintenance Unit is the likely cause.

1. Check that supported media is being used.
2. Check the Drum Maintenance Unit.
• Drum Maintenance Camshaft
• Drum Maintenance Pivot Plate/Wiper Assembly
Procedure
Check the Drum Maintenance Plate ground connection. Verify that the ground connection is secure between the Drum Maintenance Shaft and Drum Fan.

Perform the Remove Print Smears routine (Control Panel Menu -> Troubleshooting ->
Print Quality Problems -> Remove Print Smears).

Clean the Stripper Blade and Exit Guide.

Check the Drum Maintenance Unit for sufficient oil. Remove the Drum Maintenance Unit and press loose piece of paper against Oil Roller with light finger pressure. If oil does not appear on
page, replace the Drum Maintenance Unit.
Check that the Drum Maintenance Cam Roller and Pivot Plate are functioning correctly. Perform the Drum Maintenance Drive test (Service Diagnostics Menu -> Exercise Menu -> Motors/Shafts -> Drum Maintenance Cam Shaft).

Check and clean the Drum Wiper Blade Assembly. Replace the Wiper Blade Assembly if necessary.
Replace any defective parts found.
• Drum Maintenance Cam Roller
• Drum Maintenance Cam Pivot Plate

Hope that can help you somewhat.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

Hello to any and all of you that are having the issue of excessive Oil on your print outs after just changing or installing a new maintenance Kit into any of Xeroxes Solid Ink Printers. It may come down to how your maintenance Kits are being stored on the shelf. Check if your Co. is storing them on their ends. This may cause the Oil in the fiber role to build up on the end of the role where gravity could push the oil out of the fiber and then build up into the tray. This will continue until the Oil is reabsorbed into the Fiber through normal usage of the Printer. See if this will help all of you that are having this higher then normal amount of Oil showing up on your Prints after installing a new maintenance Kit.

I'm having exactly the same issue with a new maintenance kit for an 8880.

I've tried 4 drum cleans and it's still happening. Going back to the old one (still a few paged on it) has fixed it.

The kit has been stored flat since receiving it a couple of months ago.

TIA if anyone has any ideas.

my solution is that you have to clean the drum encoder strip and sensor which is located behind the drum fan on the right side

I am having the same problem, replaced the maintence kit for a Xerox Color Qube 8570. To much oil on the maintence kit transfering onto the drum. I have tried all the cleaning suggested and still having the issue. The printer printed beautifuly until I change the maintence kit.