Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

xerox workcentre 7225

just purchase a Xerox workcentre 7225, installed the drivers correctly on the network but when i print it get the error (( the job was not printed because the postscript option is not enable. contact your system administrator to enable  postscript on this devise))

id appreciate if anybody can help me out with this , thank you

Valued Advisor

Re: xerox workcentre 7225

[ Edited ]

Hi!

Do you have postscript installed? this is an extra feature, and if you do not you can always use the pcl6 driver instead.

Have a look at THIS for instructions.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

[ Edited ]

Thank you installed the pcl6 driver and it works but now its printing duplicate for example when printing one document , it print one saying zerox on it , i will try and fiddle with it and see where i can disable that but you know the exact option that would help , thank you again

Also i am thinking adding all the security feature for example each user with a unique key and different permision , is there an up to date detailed manual that would help me with this or something you can provide to help me , thanks

Valued Advisor

Hi again, Pavlos!

The second page you are describing are the banner page, this is usually disabled in the driver.

Disable it by doing as following:

Go to Start -> Devices and Printers -> Printing Preferences(or just properties in XP) -> Advanced or Administration.
Under “Job Identification” choose “Disable Job ID”.

Though It can also be named “Banner Sheet” depending on the driver.

And when it comes to permission and keys, I think you mean you're interested in the security and accounting section of the manual, have a look HERE and start at page 65, hope that helps.

Best Regards

Kimzi

Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

Hi Kimzi,

Thank you for the help but also you can disable it in general without going to every work station to disable i went straight to the admin of the printer and disable it from there, again thank you very much for your help.

i have checked the manual was wondering if there is a simple instruction without going through this long manual for just basic accounting where each user is assigned a key, and some i can allowed certain things and some dont for example printing in black and white only or both .

also what about the connect key software is that a form of authentication , or will do what i am trying to achieve here??

Valued Advisor

[ Edited ]

Hi again, Pavlos!

ConnectKey is a scan sharing utility. Have a look HERE to read about the features.

It's not what you're looking for.

I'm sorry, but I do not have any guide to share with you, and I also don't have the same machine as you so I cannot create one either.

You can follow the instructions in the manual, you can also have a look at the Access Security Software, if thats something you think is better for your environment.

Best Regards

Kimzi

Hi Kimzi,

Thanks again for your advise/help after going through the manuals and fiddling with it , i have manage to set  standard accounting and its working well , again thank you

You can also disable Banner Pages ON THE DEVICE in Centreware.

Open Centreware... Properties... Printing. 

In there is something about Banner Pages

Sorry to be so cryptic but I am working from home (and from memory). 

I am having a similar issue with my Xerox WorkCentre 7225. Our school has recently begun converting to MacBooks for several faculty and I am getting the same Post Script message issue when trying to print through the LAN. Is the solution the same for Mac as for Windows? I'm running Yosemite 10.10.4

Occasional Advisor

You need a postscript license. If you purchased this feature with your machine you can go to a xerox license website and type in your serial number to check. If it gives you the license key then you can input it on the machine user interface in tools, admin mode. Sorry but I don't have the link at the moment. If a tech did an alt boot software load the license will have to be re-input.