Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Card Reader Sending Incorrect Values

I am trying to get a new Altalink B8055 set up to authenticate RFID cards with PaperCut... Everything seems to be configured correctly to communicate with the PaperCut application on the server, however the problem I am having is that whenever I swipe a card at the machine it doesn't read the value that is on the card, and instead comes through with some unknown jibberish code.

For example, our RFID cards each have a 5 digit value assigned to them (e.g. 12345).. But when the machine reads it, an 8-character value is returned (as both letters & numbers... e.g. 12AB3C4D)

Is there a setting that needs to be changed in order for the cards to be read properly? I am using the integrated RFID card reader that came with the machines... There doesn't seem to be any settings in the web interface that allow me to alter it in any way.

Help would be appreciated, thank you.

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Card Reader Sending Incorrect Values

Card readers support specific cards, not all cards, you need to make sure they are compatable

Compatablity

RFID Reader (497K18650)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.