05-29-2017 04:21 AM
Hi Xerox Support,
I have an SNMP client which can poll devices for information. For my application I am required to retrieve the following information on demand from a Xerox Phaser 7100N device:
1. Printer Overall Status (Healthy or Faulty)
2. Printer Paper Jam (Jammed or Normal)
3. Printer Paper Out (Out or Supply Present)
4. Printer Toner Level Low(Low or Normal)
I went over MIB files available on the Xerox model page, and through other posts in this forum and found a link to download the 2013 version of the XCMI MIB list. However, I am unable to find the OIDs for the information that I seek in this document.
I've raised a request with my local support center (Xerox UAE) but I haven't received a satisfactory answer (I am only looking to know which address to poll!) in over two weeks now.
Could someone let me know if the above information is available to be polled from a third party client (not Xerox Device Agent) and if so which OIDs to use?
05-30-2017 02:00 PM
Take your MIB and do this:
Management information base file (.mib) file can be loaded into wire shark by means of the following;
- Open wire shark
- Click edit, and then preferences.
- Navigate to the Name Resolution link, and click the edit button beside (MIB and PIB) paths as shown below;
- Click the plus sign and navigate to the folder hosting the Printer-MIB.mib file, and press the select folder button.
- Click the edit button beside (MIB and PIB) modules.
- Click the plus sign.
- Type Printer-MIB for the module name and click ok.
- Restart wire shark.
- An object identifier is a series of numbers that translate into defined task to be executed on the host. An OID will usually look like this: 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199, of which translates to hrprinterStatus.1. The MIB file in wire shark performs the numeric to alpha translation to determine the snmp query. Example shown below after MIB file is loaded in WireShark;
06-14-2017 08:57 AM
Sorry for the late response as I did not get a notification upon your reply.
Thank you very much, Joe.
This is useful to get the OIDs from the MIB file.
Actually my query was whether the information that I was seeking is available at any particular OID in the first place.
The example you provided, regarding hrDeviceStatus gives the following information:
This does not include all of the information that I am seeking, for eg. paper jammed, paper out and toner low.
Could you please point me in the direction to get this information?
06-14-2017 10:07 AM
I don't have the exact info you are looking for so I provided the tool to get/test it.
If you need more and have a maintenance agreement call Xerox and get 2nd level, request from them a SEED Inquiry. (Software Engineering Escalation Database)