Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Secure prints randomly get stuck in local print Queue on B8075

Have a Xerox AltaLink B8075 with a Windows 2012 R2 server using the Xerox global driver.  When a user prints, they select secure print and put in the pin they want.   They go to the printer and go to secure prints and tells the printer to print all and put in there pins.

The end result.....if they aren't paying attention some prints stay stuck in the local print queue and don't get release and they end up missing prints.  As an admin, I can see the prints held on the local printer in the queue, but on the screen it shows nothing is in the queue.

Any idea on the issue?   I'm thinking it is a bug with the printer firmware as the job is already on the printer.  We have the latest firmware of Dec 8 2017 100.008.057.09602.

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Secure prints randomly get stuck in local print Queue on B8075

That isn't even close to the latest firmware, it is just the General release with a couple of patches.

The latest release as of now is 100.008.018.01610.

Release notes here

Make sure you have the latest GPD because older ones are not properly able to support the latest printer families to the fullest extent

Firmware decoding.png

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Highlighted

I missed that.  I went to the Xerox site and went under drivers & downloads and picked all operating systems and the firmware it gave is what I have.  Would think it would list the latest firmware.  Don't see a way to go where to see the latest firmware from that webpage.

Thanks for reply!

Think I see how the site works now.  If you go under Security Information it shows the firmware and stuff.   Would rather see it listed with the drivers and have a firmware section like normal.  Will have to read through thoughs and see.

Thanks again!

Analyst Nation Moderator

I linked the firmware directly in my post as well as the release notes that explain the changes.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

So just for future reference for myself or anyone else:

To find latest firmware for printer:

1) Go to your printers "Drivers & Downloads" page

2) On left side click "Security Information"

3) Click on "Security Bulletins for Xerox Products

4) Click on your chosen or latest "Security Bulletin" that is posted

5) Click on available update listed "Available Here" in security bulletin in article

6) Can download firmware or see the ReadMe for the firmware on this page

Updating to latest firmware fixed our issue.  Don't like how Xerox has the firmware buried on the site and I missed it.  Didn't see anything mentioned about our problem in the release notes that I could see.  So, various fixes must be in the firmware as well and not noted?