04-25-2017 10:13 AM
New to these forums.
I have a question, which I hope someone can answer.
We have set up Equitrac, and the users info comes from our Active Directory, in Equitrac & AD the end users details are 100% correct.
But when they log into a printer (7855) they are presented with the wrong username.
Where is this name taken from? so that we can investigate why the printer is pulling the wrong name. Then end user is AnneMarie not Alec.
Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-25-2017 12:40 PM
Looks like LDAP is set to authenticate via Alec's account, and Network accounting is not set to be personalized to the user.
So try enabling the personalization here:
And make sure LDAP is not using Alec for all authentication here
04-26-2017 05:10 AM
I should have mentioned, that our printers were set up mainly by Xerox as part of a contract... so nearly all printers should have the same settings.
but this is how ours is set up, (same areas you screenshotted)
Also bear in mind that it is only 1 user that is experiencing this issue, not everyone else who logs in with their equitrac account on thre same printer.
04-26-2017 01:19 PM
That would make it an issue on the LDAP server.
It would appear that AnneMarie has a profile that references Alec's displayName entry for some odd reason.
You could likely verify that by searching for Anne in the User Mappings page, you should see it populate Alec on the right side of the dropdown for displayName.
04-28-2017 01:37 PM
Well, guess you will need to call Xerox and get to 2nd level support, it must be a setting somewhere, and if it was on the machine it would affect everyone, not just her, but I already covered as much as I can with what we have here.
Sorry I can't do more, when you call (assuming you are in the USA) make sure you have a configuration report ready to email to 2nd level, it will be a requirement to get it beyond 2nd level where the replication of your issue will be done.
05-01-2017 04:40 AM
Not in Trump Land.....
I have passed this onto Xerox hopefully they can solve this....
I honestly think the issue is equitrac, as this equitrac system is not that great.... so many problems with it so far....
Reason I think it is actually equitrac is the following:
AD user set up correctly on AD has been for years.
Equitrac test bring back the same AD details, so this shows fine on the test
Equitrac Account for user looks fine
The device has been set up same as the rest of that model - but this is only affecting 1 user - so not device setting
Getting pressure from the end user so i will pressure xerox.
Cheers for your help
a month ago
We got this issue sorted this morning.
Sat down with a Xerox Engineer and we looked at this problem thoroughly.
We checked Equitrac on its server and the end user details were correct for both users.
And in Active Directory all details were correct for both users.
We logged in to the printer (via equitrac) as the user that has the issue.
The xerox engineer noticed that the email address was wrong on the device for that end user.
So knowing that we use Domino as our mail server I looked at both users on Domino.
I noticed that the user Alec had a shortname equalling the other users AD username - so we changed Alec's Domino shortname saved this... Refreshed Equitrac.
Logged into a printer as the end user and the name had changed to what it should be.
Thanks for all your patience with me on this one, as it was a real headache, but sorted now.