Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

workcentre 7665 not prompting for accounting credentials driver 3.113.0_1840

[ Edited ]

I am running Sierra 10.12.4 and Xerox driver 3.113.0_1840. It will not prompt for the ID# to print from the workcentre 7665. I have gone to CUPs and set it up like one of the other solutions stated but it still does not prompt when I go to print. I need some help from someone who knows what the heck is happening here.  before upgrading to 3.113 I was printing just fine. Here is settings. Thanks to anyone who can suggest something that will get me back printing.....

Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: workcentre 7665 not prompting for accounting credentials driver 3.113.0_1840

If you turned it on in CUPS as the default behavior and yet it does not prompt, assuming you have rebooted and tried reinstalling, change in CUPS and reboot again, then you would need to downgrade to the older driver if it is happening from all Applications.

If it is app specific you need to explain that, some apps don't prompt typically because the driver is never accessed due to how some apps have their own File > Print window. The Big ones are Chrome (need to invoke the "print using system dialogue") and MS Outlook.

There have been a few reports or erratic behavior from the 3.113 driver.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

Re: workcentre 7665 not prompting for accounting credentials driver 3.113.0_1840

Please advise how to roll back to previous version.  I have tried to reload the previous version and it will not allow it to install.  If there is an uninstall script would love to get that so iit is done properly. thanks

FYI

I will do everything you say in paragraph 1 again just to confirm but I believe I've done this twice already. Will report results.

I reloaded 3.113 and verified CUPs default set up.  Still no prompt for accounting ID so guess I have to roll back to previous version untill something changes somewhere. 

Since I've tried to roll back and install scripts will not work saying a newer version is present please advise procedure or uninstall sciprt that can get me back to 10.10 MacOS version is my guess now.

thanks,

Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator

Remove all Xerox print driver software from OSX 10.12 by following the below steps;

o   Close any open printer queues in the Dock

o   Close all open applications

o   Print & Fax - remove Xerox printer objects (using the "-" button under the list of printers)

o   Applications folder - remove Xerox folder (if present)

o   Library/Applications Support - remove Xerox folder

o   Library/ColorSync/Profiles - remove XRX* or other Xerox files if present

o   Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources - remove Xerox printer packages

o   Library/Printers - remove Xerox folder

o   Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources - delete Xerox folders and files. Older OS's have multiple language subfolders, each of which may contain Xerox PPDs. If this is the case, the easiest thing to do is search the entire set of folders for the Xerox files, and delete en masse.

o   Library/Receipts - remove any of the following: pde***.pkg, xpd***.pkg, ICC*, ICP*, ICC_Profiles, SSScan/Xerox (folder)

o   Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/ - remove all com.xerox.* files

o   Note: If your library folder is hidden, type this in a TERMINAL window (located in Utilities folder): > Chflags nohidden Library <enter>

o   Also in Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/ - look for any com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.(yourXeroxPrinterName).plist files and delete them

o   Users/[username]/Library/Caches/ - remove all XRXSetup* files (if present)

o   Also in TERMINAL:

> cd /var/db/receipts/ <enter>

> ls <enter> - look to see if there are any com.xerox.* files. If so, delete with:

> sudo rm com.xerox.* <enter> (will prompt for admin password)

- Empty the MAC’s trash. If any files are being held, reboot and empty again.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

there was an update from Apple that I installed this morning. I had not removed the 3.113 driver yet so I decided to try prining something from outlook. For the first time I did get the dialogue to enter the accounting code but I also got error in the printout that said "ERROR: undefined, OFFENDING COMMAND: JOB, STACK:  blank". Any ideas on this? I am including the printer settings below for advanced for the printer. If there is something I need to change please advise.

I have not deleted the 3.113 driver yet. I ran 2 more print test with safari and the text editor. safai does not call up the accounting dialogue and prints an error 'job deleted due to invalid accounting IDs'. Outlook and text editor does call the prompt and I enter the # and it prints but it has same error reported before - ERROR = undefined, OFFENDING ERROR = JOB.

Before I delete 3.113 do you have any additional suggestions before rolling back?

ok, so I deleted all the Xerox files as instructed. I loaded 3.77 and it behaved the same way so now I have deleted this version and about to version 2.112 and see if it works. before loading 2.112 I looked at CUPs and it did not have the xerox machine there so it has been cleared out with the deletions.  If you have any further suggestions on which roll back version will work please send me message.

Analyst Nation Moderator

I'm pretty sure the last word on your print would have been STACK, and it would have been printed at the top left of the page exactly as seen here

Capture.GIF

And it will print that no matter the source or number of pages the document should have been.

The only resolution is to downgrade, this driver is either 100% broken, or works fine dependant on machine family.

I have thoroughly tested myself on the 51XX,53XXand 71XX machines, it prints the error and nothing else no matter how you go about installing it. Xerox knows this, it has been sparred (sent to engineering to be fixed) and it has not been pulled from Xerox.com (No idea why)

Joe.