Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Xerox Employee

Single Touch Service

Hello,

Would anyone have information or documentaiton on how to setup a workflow sacnning for a C405 that would function like the Color Cube "Single Touch Serice" - using the Xerox App Studio.

Thanks

Ron

Re: Single Touch Service

Hello, Ron. 

Thank you for your message.

For ConnectKey and AltaLink devices, customers are able to set up the Single Touch services using the device CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS) webpage.   VersaLink users can also setup Single Touch workflows, but not via the device CWIS page. Single Touch services can be set up on the VersaLink devices by using the 'Scan to' button that displays at the Device LUI.  Select that button at the device and the screen prompts will walk you through setting up the One Touch app.  

Once you have configured all of the Options, you will be prompted to Save the settings/workflow.  At this point, you will have the option to save the workflow as a 1 Touch app.  After you complete this step, the app will display on the device Home Services screen and will be ready to use. 

Could you please provide some additional information on what your thoughts were around using App Studio with respect to Single Touch Services/Apps?  The apps can be set up and configured in different ways.  I want to be sure that the correct information is shared. 

Thank you, 

XAG Admin

Xerox Employee

Hello,
Have the app setup, however I can not find how to add date and time stamp to filename? Almost there if you can please assist with last items. Thanks Ron
Xerox Employee

Hi, Ron. 

Sorry for the delay. 

There is a setting in the device CWIS page that can be enabled to allow the date and time to be appended to the scanned file name.  

Follow these steps: 

Launch the device CWIS page.

Click the Apps option that displays along the left side of the page.

Click the Scan To app icon.

Scroll to the 'Scan To Apps General Settings' section. Toward the bottom of this section there is an 'Add Date to File Name' option. 

Click this setting and toggle the option to 'On'. 

Select the OK button.  

I'm not sure if this setting change will automatically be reflected in your One Touch app.  You may have to recreate the app to pick up this new setting option.  

Please give this a try and let me know if this does the trick.  

Thank you!

XAS Moderator

Xerox Employee

Hello,

I added the date & time and it will work from walk up UI, so I created a new app but it does not show as option and does not add date & time when the app button is used?

What am I missing?

Please help

Thanks
Ron

614-207-9387

Highlighted
Xerox Employee

Hi, Ron. 

You have not missed anything.  You are correct, adding Date and Time to the scanned filename is not exposed through the App Studio designer. 

Users can add this information to the FileName at the device when they are scanning the file.  Just tap the File Name tile on the Scan Settings tab and enter the information before scanning.   Or as an alternative,  App Studio will not overwrite files.  Instead, if a file exists in the repository with the same filename, it will append a number to the filename (ie; ScannedFile(001).pdf).   The Repository will retain the Scanned Date and Time information.  

Please let me know if the Date and Time are required.  I can open a Feature Request to have this exposed at app design time.

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator