Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APP Scan to Folder does not allow tiff files without creating new folder.

Regards,

I need to use the APP Scan to Folder . But putting on the type of format is Tiff . Create a folder and stores the image there and create various .dat files that refer iformación the XSM .

I just need the best image if multipage . But the App does not respect the parameters of the multifunctional. Nor can change when you create it on the Web.

Could help me solve this issue?

Xerox Employee

Re: APP Scan to Folder does not allow tiff files without creating new folder.

Hi, Alvin. 

Can you confirm my understanding of the issue, please?  

You have created a Scan to Shared Folder app and have set .tiff as the default file format.  However, when you scan files the default parameter (.tiff) is not honored.  Can you confirm if my understanding is correct?   Or have I missed a portion of the App and Device set up?  Do you need to have each page of a multipage file scanned to a single page image?

Thanks!

regards

What I need is to not create a folder for each file that is scanned. If not rather than just place the file in the repository. no matter if multipage or single files.

Thank you in your help.
Xerox Employee

Hi, Alvin. 

Thank you for clarifying the issue.  

I have copied a link to information that might be helpful.  Copy/paste the link into a browser window to view the topic, if clicking the link does not work. 

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7545-7556/support/enus.html?associatedProduct=XRIP_W...

The linked topic includes information to verify that the environment has what's necessary for utilizing a shared directory.

Please take a look and let us know if this was helpful in resolving the issue.

Thanks!

Hello

I've got the same problem. Let me explain this more precisely.

Customer likes very much the possibility to use lists for Document Management Fields in "Scan to Shared Folder" App.

However, customer uses multipage TIFF in their document management system.

And "Scan to Shared Folder" doesn’t allow to create multipage TIFFs: application allows choosing .tiff as a scanned file format, but then creates single page tiffs in separate folder for each scanned original.

Is this possible to make the application to add multipage tiff in the list of formats, and place multipage tiffs into one folder, along with xst files (like it works with PDFs)?

Kind regards

Sergey

Highlighted
Xerox Employee

Hello!

The ability to scan to multipage TIFF files within the Scan to Shared Folder App is an improvement opportunity that we currently have in our backlog of items for inclusion in a future release. 

We are planning to discuss these releases in the next month, so your feedback comes at a good time.  I will be sure to share our customer's need for this feature improvement.  We have had several requests for this option.

Keep an eye on this forum for updates related to this feature.

Thanks!

Technical Escalation User

Any update on this? Scan to FTP app and Scan to Folder app are still creating a sub folder in the desired location rather than placing the .tiff in the desired folder. Also, naming convention is applied to the sub folder instead of the actual .tiff file. Customer has an existing automated workflow looking for the .tiff using the naming convention. The workflow preforms perfectly on the competitive MFP.

Is there any work around for this?

Hello, 

I am sorry that this problem is still occurring for your customer. I do not know of any work around for this at this time but we do have a release coming later this year that will fix this issue and also add the multipage tiff option to the scan Apps. Keep an eye on the forum and we will post when the new release is available.  

Thank you,

XAG Admin