Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Apps not editable within sub account

Hello, I created a ScanToMail App within the App Studio (main account) and shared the app with a customer (sub account). Within the customer's sub account it is not possible to edit this particular app (not even standard settings). Am I right to assume that this is intended? Are there future plans to make shared apps editable/customisable? Thanks Jan
Xerox Employee

Re: Apps not editable within sub account

Hello, Jan. 

Thank you for the message. 

You are correct.  Apps shared with customers are not editable in the web portal by design. The customers should be sharing their App needs with their Resellers so that the custom apps can be created and then shared. 

As an additional note, the user can modify/edit options at the device after the app has been deployed and is running.  If the app is created with options 'unlocked' the user will be able to modify the settings/entries at the device when the App is launched. 

We currently don't have plans to allow shared apps to be edited by customers, but we'd be happy to consider it.  Could you possibly share some additional information around reasons why a customer would need to edit a shared app?  This information will help us support this request. 

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I received a request from a customer's IT department who would like to be able to customise the ScanToMail app, similar to creating scan templates within the Workflow Scanning app.

In this particular case an employee has several different scan workflows for which different scan settings are required (higher resolution, original type, build job, different recipients, etc.).

I'm aware that different scan settings can be saved as presets within the Scan to Email app (App Studio). It is also possible to save default recipients in a preset, which is a rather "static solution". It would be easier to select the recipients from a pre-defined destination list. But neither the user (employee) nor customer IT (sub account) is able to edit the destination list. So they will have to send a change request to a Xerox employee (main account) who is able to apply these changes. Also only the main account can create a new application.

The reason for my request is to find out if it would be possible to facilitate the administration of the Scan to Email app. Currently the end user will have to contact customer IT, customer IT then has to contact Xerox employee to apply changes or to create an app.

Thanks

Jan

Xerox Employee

Hello, Jan.

I will enter a Feature Request into our system for our Program owners to review and prioritize for inclusion in a future release. 

Thank you for the valuable feedback.  

XAS Moderator